Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:05 pm

Connecting Terminal F (from Ams) to Term. E (to Boston

Sorry if this has been answered here someplace but I scrolled for a long time and couldn't find anything that was current after the new security measures. I have the following connection:

arrive 10:45 from Ams. in Terminal F

depart 13:15 to Boston in Terminal 2 E.

The last time I did this direct there was a bus to the Gate which took forever, plus now the hand inspection of the carryon. Let me add I am a kind of "nervous nelly" on missing connections and the meeting in Boston is very important. I could take an earlier flight from Ams. is it is expensive to change.

Thanks for you help
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Joe747
arrive 10:45 from Ams. in Terminal F

depart 13:15 to Boston in Terminal 2 E.

The last time I did this direct there was a bus to the Gate which took forever, plus now the hand inspection of the carryon. Let me add I am a kind of "nervous nelly" on missing connections and the meeting in Boston is very important. I could take an earlier flight from Ams. is it is expensive to change.

Thanks for you help
don't worry. you'll make it. from 2F1 to 2E you'll walk landside for about 5min to go to terminal 2E. go upstairs, clear passport control and security and you still will have plenty of time. it will be fine ^
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:29 am

2F2 to 2C in 75 minutes?

This is a very informative thread, and this configuration of terminal transfers has already been answered. But that was BEFORE the new security was in put in place, so I was wondering what effect that may have on the transfer time.

I'm arriving at 2F2 12.00 p.m. (AF 5133) and leaving 2C at 13.15 (AF 0072). That's a transfer time of 75 minutes. Assuming a remote stand is used for the incoming flight, is there enough time to catch the airside shuttle? And would you recommend me making the connection known to AF staff, to see if they can expedite my transfer?

Many thanks for all the info so far in this thread.

Sean
Old Sep 8, 2006, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Sean_CA
This is a very informative thread, and this configuration of terminal transfers has already been answered. But that was BEFORE the new security was in put in place, so I was wondering what effect that may have on the transfer time.

I'm arriving at 2F2 12.00 p.m. (AF 5133) and leaving 2C at 13.15 (AF 0072). That's a transfer time of 75 minutes. Assuming a remote stand is used for the incoming flight, is there enough time to catch the airside shuttle? And would you recommend me making the connection known to AF staff, to see if they can expedite my transfer?

Many thanks for all the info so far in this thread.

Sean
Looks as though the connection now leaves from 2E. Will this make any difference?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Sean_CA
Looks as though the connection now leaves from 2E. Will this make any difference?
Your flight to LAX will now leave from 2E instead of 2C. In a way, it is better as it makes it closer by the airside shuttle. You will indeed probably have a remote stand as you are arriving on a regional aircraft. So factor in an additional 15mn to reach the terminal. Then, about 15mn to reach 2E via the airside shuttle, wait time included.

There has been one report on the new security setup in 2E since the transfer of most US bound flights: going through security at 10:30 involved a 20mn queue. You will be departing either by bus from the boarding area next to the 2E main building (gates E7x) or from the remote terminal (gates E8x) which you also reach by bus (10-20mn). So you will not have much spare time. On the other hand, flights to the US, and AF 72 is no exception, are always late in the current security environment.

Good luck !
Old Sep 16, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold
CDG transfer, 2E and 2F

A colleague is travelling on Thurs 21 Sept:

AF 365 PHL to CDG and

AF 1370 CDG to LHR

Any updates on connecting between 2E and 2F? He has a tight connection; landing at 8:45am and departing at 10:00am.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:46 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Marisaac
A colleague is travelling on Thurs 21 Sept:

AF 365 PHL to CDG and

AF 1370 CDG to LHR

Any updates on connecting between 2E and 2F? He has a tight connection; landing at 8:45am and departing at 10:00am.
This is a tricky one. Your colleage has two possibilities :
- taking the airside shuttle from 2E to 2F2 (the non-Schengen peninsula of 2F), which unfortunately, is the longest possible route and involves stopping at 2C, 2A and 2B before arriving
- going through immigration in 2E, walking over to 2F2 and going through immigration there again.

Walking from 2E to 2F2 is easy, you can do it under 10mn, and when rushing it, in 5mn. Once you have left the baggage retrieval area in 2E you :
- go through the Galerie from 2E to 2F, over moving walkways
- take the escalator up, straight ahead, when arriving into 2F
- turn right and head toward the non-Schengen departures passport and security checks to enter 2F2

What varies is the time you need to clear immigration in 2E and 2F2.

I have no personal experience with taking the airside shuttle all the way from 2E to 2F2. But I guess it would take at least 5mn between each terminal, with a few minutes' wait at each terminal.

With both options, you need to factor in the time needed to reach 2E from the remote stand where the incoming aircraft will be parked, and the security check when arriving in 2F2.

I would probably try to have a look at the immigration queue in 2E before making a final choice. If the incoming flight is on time, I would probably walk from 2E to 2F2, but I do have an EU passport for immigration in 2E and an automated border crossing card for immigration in 2F2, which help me shave a few minutes off the time needed.

In any case, there are many flights to LHR and the following one is at noon.

Good luck to your colleague !

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 17, 2006 at 2:55 pm
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:33 am

Such a difficult airport

First, Let me thank those who advised me about plane transfer times. I had a great vacation. Transferring at CDG has to be the most ridiculous, stressful, non-sensical process I have ever been a part of!!!! If I did not have at least 1 1/2 hours between flights, I would have been so screwed!! First, you taxi in forever only to be dropped in the middle of nowhere, then you wait for the stairs to be delivered. Then you wait for the first bus to come and if you are in business class, you get to ride the first bus, otherwise you wait for more buses. Then, you get to a terminal where you have to walk up and over to the other side to go down and wait for the next bus to go to your terminal which might mean riding up to 20 minutes as there is an order to the drop-off and if you are not close in the order, you ride around until it gets to your terminal. Then, much more walking all the while dragging your carry-on stuff until you get to your gate area which will have a pretty quick security check. Then another wait for the bus to take you out to your plane which is probably near where you originally parked from the first plane!! No joking here, no exagerration either. Plus, of all the people I encountered along the way who work at the airport, nobody seemed to be in any hurry. I'm like having a heart attack (just joking) and they are trying to figure out where to have lunch today or who did what with whom last night.

No matter what these great people on this site write about time, try to leave no less than 2 hours so you don't have to stress. Better still, don't change planes in CDG. I will NEVER do it again.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:10 pm

Paris CDG terminal transit times

Hi,
I am trying to find out if I have enough time to make my connecting flights at Paris CDG airport. I am unsure which terminals that I will be arriving and departing from.

Departing Nov. 17, 2006, Arriving Nov. 18, 2006 8:20 AM
PHL to CDG Air France #365

Connecting flight:
Departing Nov. 18, 2006 10:05 AM
CDG to IST Air France #1590

Connection time - 1 hour 45 minutes

-------------------------------

Departing Nov. 26, Arriving Nov. 26th 11:50 AM
IST to CDG Air France #2391

Connecting flight:
Departing Nov. 26, 2006 1:20 PM
CDG to PHL Air France #366

Connection time - 1 hour 30 minutes

Thanks!!
Dayna
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:56 am

Thalys to AF flight connection.

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to make a connection between an AF Thalys and AF flight. I have AF tickets for Brussels Midi-CDG-Montreal.

The Brussels Midi-CDG train is scheduled to arrive 1 hour and 20 minutes before the CDG-Montreal flight departs. AF told me that I'll have to get my checked luggage from the train and recheck it in at CDG. Will I be able to make the connection? What procedures will I have to undergo?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:57 am

Thalys to AF flight connection.

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to make a connection between Thalys and an AF flight. I have AF tickets for Brussels Midi-CDG-Montreal.

The Brussels Midi-CDG train is scheduled to arrive 1 hour and 20 minutes before the CDG-Montreal flight departs. AF told me that I'll have to get my checked luggage from the train and recheck it at CDG. Will I be able to make the connection? What procedures will I have to undergo?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:51 am

Walking Between Terminal 2B and 2A

Hi,

Thanks for this thread. It is very useful. I did have a specific question about transferring between Terminal 2B and 2A. I think I know the answer from interpreting previous posts but I wanted to be absolutely clear.

I will be arriving in 2B on Ukrainian International Airlines from Ukraine and transferring to 2A for an American Airlines flight to Dallas. Connection time is 90 minutes. However, Ukrainian Air flights rarely depart on time. I'm obviously concerned about making the connection. Since the airside shuttle runs clockwise (correct?) this means I'd have the longest route on the shuttle. I'm thinking about walking.

As I understand it I can either a) go through immigration in 2B walk to 2A go through immigration again and security and go to my gate or b) take the airside shuttle 3 stops (2F, 2C then 2A). Is that correct? Does anyone have a suggestion as to which option is best under these circumstances?

thank you.

Last edited by viyk; Sep 28, 2006 at 1:42 pm
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:50 am

For what its worth, my 2 experiences

wash iad to fco through cdg 9/15/06 (leave iad 6:45 p.m. 9/14) had a 80 minute connection in cdg.

Plane from Dulles got in to 2E about ten minutes early. Connection was in 2F. Signs were clear except for one point. Proceeded to follow signs (which were good), go through immigration, and leave secure area (this was a little disconcerting as exited through an un-marked door. Security into 2f was a breeze, got to gate while they were boarding the plane to rome that was to leave 1 hour before my flight. It could not have been easier and took about 20 minutes tops.

On the way back (9/24), however,

had the 7:20 flight out of rome, looking to make the 10:15 to Dulles - 45 minute projection. Got to Paris about 5 minutes early, but instead of deboarding in 2F as had been indicated at Rome checkin deboarded at 2D which was a much longer walk. Still, I felt pretty good, all the way to security which was a complete CF (mess). Very slow, indifferent and rude security, over kill - x-ray bag, entrance through metal detector, thorogh hand search/pat-down, physical search of bag. All this would have been ok, but inexplicabably the process would stop. I guess it took me from 9:35 - 10:25 to go through security at 2E. Another long walk to the gate, another very thorough physical search of person and bag at the gate and we were the last on the bus to the plane (although I think that others may have come on board later as the plane did not take off until about 11:05. The plane caught up most of the delay.

Bottom line is that I was pleasantly pleased with the signage, and would have had ample time on both legs of the flight except for the huge security delay on the flight back.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by viyk
Hi,

Thanks for this thread. It is very useful. I did have a specific question about transferring between Terminal 2B and 2A. I think I know the answer from interpreting previous posts but I wanted to be absolutely clear.

I will be arriving in 2B on Ukrainian International Airlines from Ukraine and transferring to 2A for an American Airlines flight to Dallas. Connection time is 90 minutes. However, Ukrainian Air flights rarely depart on time. I'm obviously concerned about making the connection. Since the airside shuttle runs clockwise (correct?) this means I'd have the longest route on the shuttle. I'm thinking about walking.

As I understand it I can either a) go through immigration in 2B walk to 2A go through immigration again and security and go to my gate or b) take the airside shuttle 3 stops (2F, 2C then 2A). Is that correct? Does anyone have a suggestion as to which option is best under these circumstances?

thank you.
My apologies for the belated answer, as I am travelling in areas where Internet access is not a given. I would recommend a), especially if time is short. You are not dependent on the shuttle and its 3 stops.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by arie
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to make a connection between Thalys and an AF flight. I have AF tickets for Brussels Midi-CDG-Montreal.

The Brussels Midi-CDG train is scheduled to arrive 1 hour and 20 minutes before the CDG-Montreal flight departs. AF told me that I'll have to get my checked luggage from the train and recheck it at CDG. Will I be able to make the connection? What procedures will I have to undergo?

Thanks!!
Your flight to YUL should leave from 2F2. After you have retrieved your baggage, you need to go up three flight of escalators (tracks to station, station to mezzanine, mezzanine to airport ground floor). You then head towards the 2F terminal over a set of moving walkways, and then to the second half (the farthest one) of 2F, 2F2. Overall time needed is less than 10mn. As your baggage should already have been checked through, you should just need to drop it at one of the baggage drop desks for long-haul flights. You then need to clear immigration and security. From there, it is a short 5mn walk to any gate. As high speed trains are usually on time, 80mn is more than enough for making the connection.

Enjoy your flights !

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 4, 2006 at 2:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.