Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
Yes, it's the Accès no. 1 queue. For Skypriority and Business passengers.
is that open again? Lots of conflicting info out there if it ever re-opened (for arrivals) post-covid. we have kids so the biometric fast lane (forgot the name?) won't work.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tubulus
is that open again? Lots of conflicting info out there if it ever re-opened (for arrivals) post-covid. we have kids so the biometric fast lane (forgot the name?) won't work.
yes, it's open
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Platinum / Grand Voyageur Le Club T
Summer news for ADP in CDG

Hello,

I work for ADP and I've been reading your posts for the past years and months, and find all your contents really useful as a passenger, but also as an ADP employee. Sometimes I share your comments with my colleagues and we are glad we can make quick wins thanks to your comments.As you know, Skytrax rewarded us for the 2nd time as best airport in Europe, but we know we are far from perfect. Your comments are very welcome as long as they are constructive.

I wanted to inform you about some updates coming up this summer in CDG. These update were presented to airlines yesterday during the Bi-annual IATA season presentation for CDG.

For border controls :
- The PAF is recruiting hundreds of new agents, that are not policemen, but will be trained specifically for border controls and will help reinforce the teams in CDG and Orly.
- As you have experienced when using the PARAFE (automatic border control), there are two types of lines : European passports or Foreign passports eligible to PARAFE. So 2 things :
- The PAF is opening to +60 other nationalities the PARAFE system. We will implement dynamic screens where eligible nationalities, depending on the terminal, will see easily that they can access to PARAFE.
- The PAF is launching a new version of their system allowing to switch a PARAFE gate's access to passenger files from European passports eligible to other nationalities eligible, and the other way around. This will allow us to adapt the types of gates to the traffic live.
- ADP is introducing 50% more PARAFE gates this summer in all terminals.
- Augustin de Romanet, ADP CEO, announced last week a new commented indicator on Security and Border controls in CDG & Orly will be publicly shared every month.

For Shops :
- Even more shops are opening up this summer thanks to ADP's new brand : Extime. with as always an offer of shop online, fly, and pick-up at the airport
- We are making sure that restaurants will open later whenever a flight is delayed late at night or cancelled, thanks to a new communication scheme between airlines, restaurants and us.

For access to terminals :
- the RER B trainworks are still going on this summer with two closings of great impacts in august for a few days
- the buses circling around terminals will be fully operational, just like before COVID

I might not have answers to all your questions but please don't hesitate to ask.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by VicM1
Hello,

I work for ADP and I've been reading your posts for the past years and months, and find all your contents really useful as a passenger, but also as an ADP employee. Sometimes I share your comments with my colleagues and we are glad we can make quick wins thanks to your comments.As you know, Skytrax rewarded us for the 2nd time as best airport in Europe, but we know we are far from perfect. Your comments are very welcome as long as they are constructive.

I wanted to inform you about some updates coming up this summer in CDG. These update were presented to airlines yesterday during the Bi-annual IATA season presentation for CDG.

For border controls :
- The PAF is recruiting hundreds of new agents, that are not policemen, but will be trained specifically for border controls and will help reinforce the teams in CDG and Orly.
- As you have experienced when using the PARAFE (automatic border control), there are two types of lines : European passports or Foreign passports eligible to PARAFE. So 2 things :
- The PAF is opening to +60 other nationalities the PARAFE system. We will implement dynamic screens where eligible nationalities, depending on the terminal, will see easily that they can access to PARAFE.
- The PAF is launching a new version of their system allowing to switch a PARAFE gate's access to passenger files from European passports eligible to other nationalities eligible, and the other way around. This will allow us to adapt the types of gates to the traffic live.
- ADP is introducing 50% more PARAFE gates this summer in all terminals.
- Augustin de Romanet, ADP CEO, announced last week a new commented indicator on Security and Border controls in CDG & Orly will be publicly shared every month.

For Shops :
- Even more shops are opening up this summer thanks to ADP's new brand : Extime. with as always an offer of shop online, fly, and pick-up at the airport
- We are making sure that restaurants will open later whenever a flight is delayed late at night or cancelled, thanks to a new communication scheme between airlines, restaurants and us.

For access to terminals :
- the RER B trainworks are still going on this summer with two closings of great impacts in august for a few days
- the buses circling around terminals will be fully operational, just like before COVID

I might not have answers to all your questions but please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks for sharing those insights. One question: is there a reason why are AccèsN1 outbound paraphe at T2E often closed, while non prio access are not? (I’m saying often but in my case it’s always. But I’m not in the airport daily )
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by offvoice
Thanks for sharing those insights. One question: is there a reason why are AccèsN1 outbound paraphe at T2E often closed, while non prio access are not? (I’m saying often but in my case it’s always. But I’m not in the airport daily )
Great question!
As you might know, the decision to open a PARAFE is made by the border authority (PAF) based on the many insights we share with them on the coming traffic. Depending on their staffing, and the traffic coming up, they might prefer to only have normal border controls for Acces n°1, and better staff the Parafe for all passengers.

My personal advice would be, if you are eligible and the main Parafe lanes are open, go for the non priority lane.

Also one point which I forgot to add in my previous post: We are experimenting the implementation of an « Hospitality Ambassador » in charge of dispatching the Paris Airport lane management staff on arrivals at the border of terminal 2E.
We hope that this will bring a great improvement for passengers, especially regarding the management of priority lanes (Ex: Ultimate)
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you VicM1 and welcome to Flytertalk, it's great to have you here.
What you are reporting here is definitely good news and intentions, but now we'll judge on execution
For instance, PARAFE : good to have more lanes, but today the problem is not the number of lanes (the current gates are never never all in service at a time). As you said in your 2nd post above, PAF decides to open some lanes or not depending how many policemen are there to monitor the gates. So you may install 100 more gates if you wish, but all will remain under PAF decision and we know they have views on this that are unique in the world (or almost unique).

For PAF or PIF lanes, the major complaint you will hear here is the very poor handling of SkyPriority/Accès N°1 lanes by ADP agents upon instruction of their management : they bring tons of non-eligible passengers in the priority lanes. A priority lane is a priority lane and non-eligible passengers should be bring in once at a time and only if there's no more priority pax in line.

Also, 2G bus connection line from 2E must return ASAP, please (as before Covid).

Thank you again.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thank you VicM1 and welcome to Flytertalk, it's great to have you here.
Thank you

As you said in your 2nd post above, PAF decides to open some lanes or not depending how many policemen are there to monitor the gates. So you may install 100 more gates if you wish, but all will remain under PAF decision and we know they have views on this that are unique in the world (or almost unique).
This is very true, and also PARAFE aren't great answers to holiday seasons such as Easter coming up soon and this summer, as family can't take those lanes because kids aren't allowed for departures, yet.(The PAF is also working on changing the minimum age for PARAFE to 16 years old.) The real change maker will be the new recruitments for this summer.

For PAF or PIF lanes, the major complaint you will hear here is the very poor handling of SkyPriority/Accès N°1 lanes by ADP agents upon instruction of their management : they bring tons of non-eligible passengers in the priority lanes. A priority lane is a priority lane and non-eligible passengers should be bring in once at a time and only if there's no more priority pax in line.
These agents are working for Groupe ADP's contractor, and this market of lane management needs to offer better standards of service, especially for priority lanes.
This is why we are introducing and testing this new "Hospitality ambassador" at the PAF in 2E Arrivals for this summer. We hope that by bringing a new manager to this area will solve the issues you mentioned.

Also, 2G bus connection line from 2E must return ASAP, please (as before Covid).
For now, after security, only the orange bus connection from 2F to 2G is open. When you are connecting from 2E, walk towards 2F from K (tunnel) or L, or take the Green line from M.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thank you

This is very true, and also PARAFE aren't great answers to holiday seasons such as Easter coming up soon and this summer, as family can't take those lanes because kids aren't allowed for departures, yet.(The PAF is also working on changing the minimum age for PARAFE to 16 years old.) The real change maker will be the new recruitments for this summer.

These agents are working for Groupe ADP's contractor, and this market of lane management needs to offer better standards of service, especially for priority lanes.
This is why we are introducing and testing this new "Hospitality ambassador" at the PAF in 2E Arrivals for this summer. We hope that by bringing a new manager to this area will solve the issues you mentioned.

For now, after security, only the orange bus connection from 2F to 2G is open. When you are connecting from 2E, walk towards 2F from K (tunnel) or L, or take the Green line from M.
Thank you. I'm sure your presence here will help to improve things
VicM1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:59 am

Hello, read through the thread but didn't find clear answer. This is my first time flying SkyTeam, I've always flown star alliance so far and have experienced extra security on arrival from US and especially on departures to the US. so my question is - I am going to be flying from AGP to EWR via CDG and was wondering if I will have to clear security in order to go to the US flight or no? My latest experience with flight to US was that from CPH I believe where there was a completely empty and barren section after passport control and special security for US flights. Wanted to know how CDG is on that front. Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Barciur
Hello, read through the thread but didn't find clear answer. This is my first time flying SkyTeam, I've always flown star alliance so far and have experienced extra security on arrival from US and especially on departures to the US. so my question is - I am going to be flying from AGP to EWR via CDG and was wondering if I will have to clear security in order to go to the US flight or no? My latest experience with flight to US was that from CPH I believe where there was a completely empty and barren section after passport control and special security for US flights. Wanted to know how CDG is on that front. Thanks!
As your flight from Malaga is considered as a Schengen incoming flight, you will just have to pass through Passport controls, but no security to pass. Your incoming flight is considered a clean flight. The only control you will have will be at the boarding gate, with the usual american security screening.
Barciur likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
As your flight from Malaga is considered as a Schengen incoming flight, you will just have to pass through Passport controls, but no security to pass. Your incoming flight is considered a clean flight. The only control you will have will be at the boarding gate, with the usual american security screening.
It would depend on which part of 2E the flight to the US is departing from, wouldn't it? Hall L would not require security, but K and M would.

EDIT: incorrect

Last edited by hhdl; Mar 28, 2023 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
It would depend on which part of 2E the flight to the US is departing from, wouldn't it? Hall L would not require security, but K and M would.
The tunnel that you take from 2F to 2E-K doesn't have security screening, you only have border controls. But if you go from to 2E-K to 2F, you do go by border controls & security.
In the same way, by taking the bus from 2F to 2E-M, or any other terminals around the airport, you will just need to go by border controls, then take the bus and then directly arrive at the boarding gates, without passing through security.
Barciur and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by hhdl
No. All transfers 2F to 2E do not require going through security.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:20 pm

I'm looking at options for JFK-CDG-LIS and seeing either a 1h35m layover or a 2h50m layover. From what I can tell this is a 2E->2F connection, so I will pass through Schengen control and then possibly-but-not-definitely security.

Is 1h35m generally considered enough time for this connection? Factors: same itinerary, solo traveler, US passport. I've found some comments from the last few months which make me unsure as it sounds like it's a bit tight but doable assuming no inbound delays.

Last edited by Perd Hapley; Mar 28, 2023 at 1:26 pm
Old Mar 28, 2023, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Perd Hapley
I'm looking at options for JFK-CDG-LIS and seeing either a 1h35m layover or a 2h50m layover. From what I can tell this is a 2E->2F connection, so I will pass through Schengen control and then possibly-but-not-definitely security.

Is 1h35m generally considered enough time for this connection? Factors: same itinerary, solo traveler, US passport. I've found some comments from the last few months which make me unsure as it sounds like it's a bit tight but doable assuming no inbound delays.
1h35 is enough in the immense majority of cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.