Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2023, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I have an upcoming trip in March: LAX-CDG-LIS in business class.
There's a 5.5hour connection between the flights so I'm trying to figure out how best to spend the time.

Upon arrival, is it correct that I'll be directed to go from the gate (is it generally 2E for US arrivals?) to the terminal for Schengen departures? It seems that it's been 2F on recent CDG-LIS flights.

If so, am I then limited to spending my time at 2F or is there the ability wander anywhere else?

My prior connections at CDG have always been a bit chaotic with no time to shop, wander, or visit a lounge.

Would appreciate some guidance/insight as well any suggestions for some alternatives to spending 5.5 hours at CDG
Yes, it will be a 2E to 2F connection. You shouldn't have to go through security (as per a recent improvement at CDG arriving from a "safe" country) but you'll have to go through immigration as you are entering Schengen in CDG. Then you can spend your time in the AF lounge in 2F. This is a recent lounge open in summer 2021 and a very nice one. You can have a shower and free spa treatment (if space available) during your layover in the lounge.
OskiBear likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: Aegean
In about a week I will depart from CDG terminal 2E with Air France in business class. With Sky Prioriy I could use the priority acces N1 lane for immigration, but does that also lead to the Parafe machines? If not, what would you advice for the fastest way in the morning, probably around 8AM? The priority lane with manned desk or the regular line with Parafe machine? I have an EU passport.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
I would use the PARAFE machines in any case, I've never seen a queue more than a few people for those.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: Aegean
Thanks for you answer, mlin32. So the priority lane indeed has no PARAFE machine?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Hello folks, after reading some of the comments here I am getting a little worried about our upcoming connection in early March at CDG. We are flying DFW-CDG-OPO in business and our connection at CDG is only 90 minutes and Air France only has one CDG-OPO flight direct that day so we can't afford to miss the connection. Our flight from DFW is supposed to land at 8:15am at 2E and the OPO flight departs at 9:45am from 2G. Assuming no significant delay of the DFW flight, can we make the OPO flight? We travel with only carry-ons, no checked luggage. I was wondering whether I should book a EasyJet leg from CDG-OPO as a backup just in case. Thank you!
Old Jan 15, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by everestgrp
Hello folks, after reading some of the comments here I am getting a little worried about our upcoming connection in early March at CDG. We are flying DFW-CDG-OPO in business and our connection at CDG is only 90 minutes and Air France only has one CDG-OPO flight direct that day so we can't afford to miss the connection. Our flight from DFW is supposed to land at 8:15am at 2E and the OPO flight departs at 9:45am from 2G. Assuming no significant delay of the DFW flight, can we make the OPO flight? We travel with only carry-ons, no checked luggage. I was wondering whether I should book a EasyJet leg from CDG-OPO as a backup just in case. Thank you!
You'll be fine, 90mn is plenty. You're probably better off than with easyjet which is in a different terminal.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
You'll be fine, 90mn is plenty. You're probably better off than with easyjet which is in a different terminal.
thanks for the assurance. EassyJet leaves at 11:40am and I was thinking to throw away easyjet booking if we can make the connection. $40 per ticket sounds like a reasonable insurance. We just have to get to Porto that day.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TKtraveller
In about a week I will depart from CDG terminal 2E with Air France in business class. With Sky Prioriy I could use the priority acces N1 lane for immigration, but does that also lead to the Parafe machines? If not, what would you advise for the fastest way in the morning, probably around 8AM? The priority lane with manned desk or the regular line with Parafe machine? I have an EU passport.
It's impossible to predict. Choose the shortest when you'll be there. SP lane has also PARAFE gates.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by everestgrp
thanks for the assurance. EassyJet leaves at 11:40am and I was thinking to throw away easyjet booking if we can make the connection. $40 per ticket sounds like a reasonable insurance. We just have to get to Porto that day.
Just relax. 90 min is comfortable for this connection. No need to book another airline.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Just relax. 90 min is comfortable for this connection. No need to book another airline.
thanks. I have been monitoring the latest stats. One flight landed as late as 8:54 and that left me with 50 minutes of connection. That’s why I was worried and was thinking of plan B
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by woobl
Just wondering if you can still do an airside transit between T1 and T2B? We are flying in on CX from HKG and have a flight on BA from T2B (separate PNRs). Would be great not to exit passport control.
Wondering if anyone has any info on this?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
are flights from US, arriving to 2E, now exempted from security screening? (for connecting passengers)

or is it still a random occurrence
The answer would be interessting for me too. And also, if it is only for some Halls (K or L) or all of them (K, L, M)?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Shinji4u
The answer would be interessting for me too. And also, if it is only for some Halls (K or L) or all of them (K, L, M)?
all of them. Impossible to know in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Shinji4u
my story: i took the same USA-CDG flight twice over a 6 months span.

the second time i took it (January 2023), all passengers in my plane were able to connect to next flight without security screen. i didnt get that option 6 months ago.

I was very happy about bc it was a delayed arrival and i was really dreading the line in security screen. there is an AF agent standing at the fork directing passengers

i was connecting to a non-schengen destination. after the fork, i find myself immediately in L, which is where i need to be because that's where the gates are for non-schengen countries. iirc if you are heading to schengen, you walk the same path too, but my guess is at some point later, you will leave L and find yourself in some other hall and that's where you will see the passport control

looking at the map, after L, you will hit M. so i guess K is backtracking and a bit further than the rest
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
question to CDG frequent flyers: I have a flight landing in 2G (from Zagreb) and on an onward flight to 2E (K,L,M) to CMN, on different bookings. *Assuming the flight from Zagreb is on time*, even HBO - and with SkyPriority, a 1:15 connection would be pushing it, right? It *has* to be separate bookings, unfortunately...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.