Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks Goldorak, it was indeed possible!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
In CDG, you always go through security when connecting NS to NS or NS to S, even coming from « safe countries ».
Thank you for the clarification. Can’t always keep track of these things. Couldn’t possibly be related to a large decrease in international travel for me in the last 18 months…
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Is there any day when 2E isn’t a chaotic clown show for departures?
Do they have afternoon flight(s) to ATL? It's always way less drama for me when I take afternoon flights from CDG as opposed to the morning departures.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Do they have afternoon flight(s) to ATL? It's always way less drama for me when I take afternoon flights from CDG as opposed to the morning departures.
Yes there's the AF688 that departs with the afternoon bank of TATL flights.

I dunno, perhaps it is because I am always en correspondance in CDG, but I rarely have issues going from 2F to 2E.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Yes there are afternoon departures but then there is the issue of getting a connection in ATL to my final destination. I’d be better off flying UA to IAD in that situation.
drjeffrock likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:32 pm

I'm booked on a non-Schengen to Schengen flight in August with a 1h 15m connection in CDG, from 14:20 to 15:35. I see a post from Oct 2021 noting the priority lane between 2E and 2F was closed. I will be traveling with a 70 year old relative who is fit but can't exactly run.

How likely is it that we can make this connection? Can I request an electric cart to meet us at the gate in CDG? If we miss the 15:35 flight, the next flight is at 20:15. Alternatively I can rebook to an earlier transatlantic flight that would give us a longer 4h 20m connection, at a cost of €50.

What would you advise? Or is it too early to worry about the summer flight schedule?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
I'm booked on a non-Schengen to Schengen flight in August with a 1h 15m connection in CDG, from 14:20 to 15:35. I see a post from Oct 2021 noting the priority lane between 2E and 2F was closed. I will be traveling with a 70 year old relative who is fit but can't exactly run.

How likely is it that we can make this connection? Can I request an electric cart to meet us at the gate in CDG? If we miss the 15:35 flight, the next flight is at 20:15. Alternatively I can rebook to an earlier transatlantic flight that would give us a longer 4h 20m connection, at a cost of €50.

What would you advise? Or is it too early to worry about the summer flight schedule?
There is no electric cart transfer in CDG, only wheelchair for disabled pax. This connection is doable if your flight is on-time. So I'd just stick to your booking and you'll see. In any case, a lot of things can happen between now and next summer.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:58 am

I have an upcoming flight on AF in J from FCO/CDG/LAX with a 75 minute connection in CDG. It would require going from 2F to 2E. Does that provide enough time to make the connection without a high likelihood of missing our onward flight?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: FB Gold
75mn is doable and certainly if you run into an insurmountable queue at frontiere control, someone will let you scoot ahead of the queue a bit.

I think during Christmas i went from 2F => 2E Hall M in 30mn and the longest part was the stupid bus to Hall M (which has since closed again, no worries).
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Connecting at CDG to LIS

It's been a long time since I've been to CDG, but with an upcoming trip I will fly Air France out of MSP to CDG, arriving terminal 2E and departing 2F on another Air France flight to LIS. The scheduled layover time is 2 hours 10 minutes. Is there any reason to think this isn't adequate time to go from NS to S, changing terminals? Sorry for this basic question, but I'm not sure how Covid protocols and passport control have changed transit times. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by travelhive
It's been a long time since I've been to CDG, but with an upcoming trip I will fly Air France out of MSP to CDG, arriving terminal 2E and departing 2F on another Air France flight to LIS. The scheduled layover time is 2 hours 10 minutes. Is there any reason to think this isn't adequate time to go from NS to S, changing terminals? Sorry for this basic question, but I'm not sure how Covid protocols and passport control have changed transit times. Thanks in advance.
This is more than enough time. Transit times have not changed because of Covid.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Pleasantly surprised with my transit from 2F to 2E-M this morning (Sunday ~11:30). Less than 5 min wait for passport control, despite no Sky Priority line and estimated waiting time being 10min.

The wait time for the bus to M gates said 16min originally, but it arrived and departed after 10min.

Have others found that the situation has largely improved, or is it totally dependent upon the luck of what day and what time one arrives?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
A heads up if anyone will be confused - a few days ago I checked google Maps and it seemed to present bus + train + walk options for hotels near T3. Maps is wrong, CDGVAL is running but only back and forth on the same tracks.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gncohen
Have others found that the situation has largely improved, or is it totally dependent upon the luck of what day and what time one arrives?
It's usually like that, but depending on time of the day and on the number of booths open for passport check, the experience can be totally different.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by remymartin
A heads up if anyone will be confused - a few days ago I checked google Maps and it seemed to present bus + train + walk options for hotels near T3. Maps is wrong, CDGVAL is running but only back and forth on the same tracks.
not sure I understand your point. Please clarify. CDGVAL is running normally except that it doesn't go to T1 because this terminal is still closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.