FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Melodsal
Flying out on 11th December around noon to Seattle from CDG (with an infant). Is it possible to check in bags the night before with Air France? Thanks!
Yes, you can the day before at terminal 2F, departure level, check-in zone 3, between 3:30 pm and 7 pm
https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr/commo...op-off-CDG.htm

Be careful that all pax checking bags must be present with their travel documents.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:37 am

I am flying tomorrow on CDG-DXB on the AF 7pm flight. I will be flying in J with no checked luggage.
I have a business meeting that will end around 4:30PM just north of Paris (Aubervilliers) and plan to take an Uber to the airport straight after the meeting.
Am I in trouble or will I make my flight? I have already done online check-in.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FB06
I am flying tomorrow on CDG-DXB on the AF 7pm flight. I will be flying in J with no checked luggage.
I have a business meeting that will end around 4:30PM just north of Paris (Aubervilliers) and plan to take an Uber to the airport straight after the meeting.
Am I in trouble or will I make my flight? I have already done online check-in.
no problem, as you will be already out of Paris in the north east. Worst case scenario will be one hr to CDG.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
I am planning a connection 2E -> 2G, with 1h30 time available. All on one AF ticket MAN-CDG-TRN, Business class, FB Gold, so Sky Team Priority.
AF flights from MAN to CDG arrive in 2E. But at which hall do they arrive at: K, L or M? Or does it vary from day to day?
Normally, 1h30 would be plenty of time for a connection. But I have never flown AF before, been through CDG before, or gone non-Schengen to Schengen.
The CDG web site makes it look a simple three stage procedure: go through a security check at your arrival hall in 2E, then catch a shuttle bus to 2G, then go through a passport check at 2G. Any tips for speeding the process are welcomed. I was planning a visit to an AF lounge, but it may be best to head straight to 2G.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: FB Gold
I don't know which hall in 2E you will arrive, but the transfer to 2G is generally quick because 2G is its own satellite terminal with its own passport control. So 1h30 would be plenty assuming normal conditions.

The 2G lounge is also halfway decent. Which is a good thing, because otherwise the satellite terminal itself isn't a particularly nice place to spend time since it's small with only small smattering of stores.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mikem004
I am planning a connection 2E -> 2G, with 1h30 time available. All on one AF ticket MAN-CDG-TRN, Business class, FB Gold, so Sky Team Priority.
AF flights from MAN to CDG arrive in 2E. But at which hall do they arrive at: K, L or M? Or does it vary from day to day?
You will arrive at L or K. Impossible to know in advance.

The CDG web site makes it look a simple three stage procedure: go through a security check at your arrival hall in 2E, then catch a shuttle bus to 2G, then go through a passport check at 2G. Any tips for speeding the process are welcomed.
It's exactly this. No specific tip to speed up the process. Just follow the signs to 2G when you disembark.

I was planning a visit to an AF lounge, but it may be best to head straight to 2G.
You have to go straight to 2G and then use any remaining time before boarding to go to the 2G lounge. It is a very decent lounge.
mikem004 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: STEWARDESS
Thank you for the information!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

The MCT for connections involving a transfer CDG-ORY (or reverse) has increased from 3 to 4.5 hours
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The MCT for connections involving a transfer CDG-ORY (or reverse) has increased from 3 to 4.5 hours
what??
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Exclamation

No good news : with the super low traffic with the return of lockdowns in most European countries, the operations in CDG which were already grouped in 2A/C and 2E/F will be very soon concentrated in only 2E/2F . I don't know the date of the change, but it should be in the coming days.
I will post information about ORY in the other sticky thread about ORY.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Originally Posted by Tro78
what??
Probably a lack of buses operating between the two airports. You'd have thought traffic levels would be right down though, making for a quicker trip.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
Probably a lack of buses operating between the two airports. You'd have thought traffic levels would be right down though, making for a quicker trip.
There's no more bus service (and traffic on the roads is certainly somewhat lighter than before covid), But I am not sure this is the reason for this increase in MCT as the fastest way to go from CDG to ORY (or reverse) has always been the train (except at non-rush hours of course).
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So there's no more Air France bus between the two airports? Is this just a temporary thing because of Covid or is that how it will be in the future?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
So there's no more Air France bus between the two airports? Is this just a temporary thing because of Covid or is that how it will be in the future?
AF coaches were not AF anymore for several years. Replaced by "Le Bus Direct". And this service has been definitely stopped (all lines) since march or april.
There has been some discussions in the forum about that.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Hi all,

I haven't been to CDG since xmas, but will have to travel to OSL next week via AMS... Is there anywhere in 2F I can do the antigen test required for transiting in AMS (in addition to the PCR test that I have already booked in Paris center)? I know there is the Cerballiance center in 2E but they give a 1-2h delay for antigen test results which seems awfully long when it takes 15 mins in any Parisian pharmacy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.