FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Nov 20, 19, 5:12 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Looking at a tight late evening upcoming connection in CDG, which makes me wonder if I am wise to close the booking. It involves a flight from GVA with 55 minutes to connect to one to AMS. Both flights are AF and appear not to be operated by A5, so no Terminal 2G fiasco or stress. I may need to check a bag, because of my concert suit, so that makes me think the connection is dodgy. At worst, I suppose they would accommodate me overnight and send me on the first flight the next morning to AMS.

Later on, I am looking at an AF flight from London connecting on to a European flight with 50 minutes for the connection. Again, no Hop! is involved, but good sense tells me to avoid such a connection (even though there are plenty more flights later on).
Old Nov 20, 19, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Looking at a tight late evening upcoming connection in CDG, which makes me wonder if I am wise to close the booking. It involves a flight from GVA with 55 minutes to connect to one to AMS. Both flights are AF and appear not to be operated by A5, so no Terminal 2G fiasco or stress. I may need to check a bag, because of my concert suit, so that makes me think the connection is dodgy. At worst, I suppose they would accommodate me overnight and send me on the first flight the next morning to AMS.
This is intra 2F. It can take only 5 to 10 min gate-to-gate.

Later on, I am looking at an AF flight from London connecting on to a European flight with 50 minutes for the connection. Again, no Hop! is involved, but good sense tells me to avoid such a connection (even though there are plenty more flights later on).
more risky as it will involve going through immigration and security. But completely feasible if the LHR flight is on-time.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: SK*G, FB-G
I had a similar connection a couple weeks ago (55min). The plane landed a bit earlier so I got 10 extra minutes but I still managed 15-20min between passport control and security check (I might have been lucky by not having many passangers on those "checkpoints") so even without the extra time I would have made the connection easily. Nonetheless, it's a gamble
Old Nov 21, 19, 5:28 pm

Thanks for the answers above. I think for the intra 2F connection that it might be a bit marginal for baggage, even though there's no more passport control or security. I don't like having to check a bag, but when traveling with suits and black clothes I more or less have to.

As for the London flight connecting to another one, I will book a longer transit itinerary.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Thanks for the answers above. I think for the intra 2F connection that it might be a bit marginal for baggage, even though there's no more passport control or security. I don't like having to check a bag, but when traveling with suits and black clothes I more or less have to.

As for the London flight connecting to another one, I will book a longer transit itinerary.
I do the GVA-CDG-AMS regularly (AF1343 connecting to KL1246 I assume?) and so far have always made it, even last time when I had 29 minutes transfer time because of delayed GVA-CDG I easily made the connection and even my bags did (I was not expecting them to )
Old Nov 23, 19, 5:11 pm

Yes it is indeed that flight connection. The CDG-AMS segment tickets with an AF flight number. Good to know that the connection is reasonably secure.
Old Nov 25, 19, 1:53 am

Will be flying CDG-CPT in a couple of weeks (10:10AM departure), staying at one of the T3 hotels the night before, unknown yet if we will need to check bags.
How early should we get to T2 in the morning, I'm FB Plat but Ms. Ditto is only Silver, I assume we would still be able to use No1 lanes?

Last edited by Ditto; Nov 25, 19 at 2:00 am
Old Nov 25, 19, 5:20 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Will be flying CDG-CPT in a couple of weeks (10:10AM departure), staying at one of the T3 hotels the night before, unknown yet if we will need to check bags.
How early should we get to T2 in the morning, I'm FB Plat but Ms. Ditto is only Silver, I assume we would still be able to use No1 lanes?
I think the official AF recommendation is 2 hours before, but you should consider getting there 2.5 hours before. I'm in the same boat as you status wise (I'm plat, rest of the family is silver) and we've always been able to use the No1 lanes when we travel together.

Last edited by CanuckInParis; Nov 26, 19 at 1:15 am Reason: Amending previously bad advice (misread CPT as CPH)
Old Nov 25, 19, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckInParis View Post
I think the official AF recommendation is 90 minutes before, but you should be fine getting there 60 minutes before. I'm in the same boat as you status wise (I'm plat, rest of the family is silver) and we've always been able to use the No1 lanes when we travel together.
What you're recommending here is a recipe for disaster. First, if OP has to check bags, check-in closes 1hr before for long-haul flights. Second, even if no checked bags, this is the most crowded bank in 2E. The lines can be horribly long at that time.

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
Yes, you'll be able to both use the priority lanes. I recommend you to arrive max 2 hrs before. 2.5 hrs will be more comfortable with no stress and time for lounge, especially if you check bags.
Old Nov 26, 19, 1:12 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
What you're recommending here is a recipe for disaster. First, if OP has to check bags, check-in closes 1hr before for long-haul flights. Second, even if no checked bags, this is the most crowded bank in 2E. The lines can be horribly long at that time.

Yes, you'll be able to both use the priority lanes. I recommend you to arrive max 2 hrs before. 2.5 hrs will be more comfortable with no stress and time for lounge, especially if you check bags.
Indeed you are right. I misread CPT as CPH and was thinking medium-haul and terminal 2F. Ignore my previous advice and follow Goldorak's.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
I figured as much, we'll most likely have breakfast at the hotel, but otherwise I suppose breakfast in the lounge is also a possibility, thanks.
Old Dec 4, 19, 5:37 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
I'm currently in 2E K lounge, does anyone if it's possible to Hall L lounge from here?
Old Dec 4, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Sozee View Post
I'm currently in 2E K lounge, does anyone if it's possible to Hall L lounge from here?
No, you can not travel between 2E satellites unless you arrive at one and have a flight departing from another.
Old Dec 4, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by joyu12 View Post
No, you can not travel between 2E satellites unless you arrive at one and have a flight departing from another.
Actually I wss able to do it, although I needed to clear security everytime I entered each 2E Hall
Old Dec 9, 19, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Flying out on 11th December around noon to Seattle from CDG (with an infant). Is it possible to check in bags the night before with Air France? Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: