FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Apr 12, 19, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by sophiez View Post
Thank you for replying. No, not overnight, 5am - 6pm. Yes, will ask in TLV.
With penalty (275 Euro?) they will agree for sure, right?
I would say yes.
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:13 am

Programs: HH, UA
Sorry if it's been asked already. Arriving to Terminal 2E (from SLC on DL) and departing from 2E on AF to SOF - is there passport check or is this strictly airside? My connection is 1H30M, and I am trying to figure out if there is enough time to make it without running the whole time.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like I have to go through security check only. Is this correct?

Last edited by sk8er; Apr 21, 19 at 2:26 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by sk8er View Post
Sorry if it's been asked already. Arriving to Terminal 2E (from SLC on DL) and departing from 2E on AF to SOF - is there passport check or is this strictly airside? My connection is 1H30M, and I am trying to figure out if there is enough time to make it without running the whole time.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like I have to go through security check only. Is this correct?
no passport check, just security. 90 min is plenty of time for such a connection.
sk8er likes this.
Old Apr 21, 19, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH, UA
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

no passport check, just security. 90 min is plenty of time for such a connection.
thanks!
Old May 20, 19, 7:26 am

If I'm arriving T1 (Star Alliance, non-Schengen) and departing T2F (AF, Schengen), can I take the orange bus over to 2G to use the (as I understand it) newer and nicer AF lounge over there, then take the bus back to 2F for my flight? Or will I be turned away from the bus to 2G because my flight departs from 2F?

I've read that I can't get to 2E unless I have a boarding pass for a flight departing from there, but I'm not sure if the same applies with 2F/G or if you can move freely between those since they're both Schengen.

Thanks!
Old May 20, 19, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
I'm arriving on DL84 from ATL and I have a two hour connection before going to FRA. I suppose that I will be "funneled" from 2E to 2G? It doesn't look there's much food options in 2G - just the lounge and a sandwich place? Is there any other practical options available to me (2F?) or I just have to get to 2G and eat there?
Old May 20, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Silver, AccorHotels Gold
Originally Posted by duluthDL View Post
I'm arriving on DL84 from ATL and I have a two hour connection before going to FRA. I suppose that I will be "funneled" from 2E to 2G? It doesn't look there's much food options in 2G - just the lounge and a sandwich place? Is there any other practical options available to me (2F?) or I just have to get to 2G and eat there?
Honestly I can't say the food options in 2F are that great either. And it's rather crowded and not the nicest place to dine anyway.

2G is a satellite terminal so you will take a shuttle bus over there. And given the 2h you have to connect, I don't think you'd be stuck in 2G for an uncomfortably long amount of time. It's annoying but passable.
Old May 20, 19, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ View Post
If I'm arriving T1 (Star Alliance, non-Schengen) and departing T2F (AF, Schengen), can I take the orange bus over to 2G to use the (as I understand it) newer and nicer AF lounge over there, then take the bus back to 2F for my flight? Or will I be turned away from the bus to 2G because my flight departs from 2F?

I've read that I can't get to 2E unless I have a boarding pass for a flight departing from there, but I'm not sure if the same applies with 2F/G or if you can move freely between those since they're both Schengen.

Thanks!
As I said replying to you in the other thread, there is really nothing justifying the hassle of going to 2G lounge instead of 2F. You'll be perfectly fine in the 2F lounge and you will likely be turned away trying to go to 2G.

Originally Posted by mlin32 View Post
Honestly I can't say the food options in 2F are that great either. And it's rather crowded and not the nicest place to dine anyway.

2G is a satellite terminal so you will take a shuttle bus over there. And given the 2h you have to connect, I don't think you'd be stuck in 2G for an uncomfortably long amount of time. It's annoying but passable.
+1
Old May 20, 19, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
As I said replying to you in the other thread, there is really nothing justifying the hassle of going to 2G lounge instead of 2F. You'll be perfectly fine in the 2F lounge and you will likely be turned away trying to go to 2G.

+1
Got it, thanks!