FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   JNB - CDG - IAD L'Espace Premiere : NTC ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/451122-jnb-cdg-iad-lespace-premiere-ntc.html)

TravelinWilly Jul 9, 2005 4:51 pm

JNB - CDG - IAD L'Espace Premiere : NTC ?

I'm switching from South African to AF for a flight JNB - IAD. The JNB - CDG leg is a 744; the JNB - IAD leg is a 777. Will these flights have the new " "l'Espace Première" seat? I've had the old 1st seats, and they're fine, but I'd love to try the new seat.

I did a search for this, and I wasn't able to find anything. I'm currently poring through the sticky Air Travel Concept thread, as well.

Thanks.

Will

Edited to say that in going over the abovementioned thread, it looks like IAD is out until 2006 (it's a 772). But nothing on 744's. Am I right in saying that the 744's will *never* be upgraded to the new 1st seats? I'm guessing I'm out of luck for Joburg - Paris as well.

JOUY31 Jul 9, 2005 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Am I right in saying that the 744's will *never* be upgraded to the new 1st seats?

Yes, you are. The new 1st class seats will be available only on the 777s. When the 380 arrives in the fleet, L'Espace Première will also be available, although it seems it will be with an upgraded version from NEV/NTC.

Falco Peregrinus Jul 10, 2005 12:33 am

Have a look at this picture of the "old" first class cabin in the nose of the B747-400 (JNB route). The wording "old first class" is a little bit misleading since these seats were still installed in AF's new aircrafts in 2003.

You will get the full traditional 1st class service (same as NTC).

The B747-400 "L'Espace Première" cabin has 13 flat-bed seats.

Bon voyage...

TravelinWilly Jul 10, 2005 8:46 am

Thank you both for the fast replies.

I finished reading the thread on the new service, and I, too, wonder why AF is so silent on the scheduling matter.

I've flown AF 1st once before from Santiago to Buenos Aires, and while it was a short flight, I really have no complaints about either the hardware or the service.

Falco Peregrinus, I had to laugh when I opened your link - this is the exact same pic. from airliners.net I currently have opened (I did some homework on this myself...), so great minds do think alike! It doesn't look bad at all. I'll see if I can get the lone middle seat, and if not, I'll go for 2A or 1A.

Thanks again, and we can now consider this thread closed, unless anyone has anything else to add.

Regards,

Will

TravelinWilly Nov 5, 2005 2:14 pm

Okay, quick question for follow-up. I did a search, and didn't see the answer:

Does the new, additional 3 day-a-week CDG - JNB - CDG flight (A340) have the new 1st class? Please advise.

Thanks,

Will

Falco Peregrinus Nov 5, 2005 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Does the new, additional 3 day-a-week CDG - JNB - CDG flight (A340) have the new 1st class? Please advise.

No.
AF992 / AF997 have no L'Espace Première cabin, except in November (and maybe December) where you can still find these flights with 1 row of F seats (therefore A340 OTC). In January, F will only be available on B747 (AF990 / AF 995).

There is of course no official (public) deadline for the replacement of OTC A340 by NTC A340 (2 classes of service).