strike on AF at CDG

Old Jul 4, 05, 12:50 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SXB/MLH
Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 15,756
Exclamation strike on AF at CDG

http://actu.voila.fr/Article/mmd--fr....tave08v9.html


parts of Air France staff are on strike. (again )
delays up to 20min on wednesday possible. they can do that easily without striking ...

we're on holidays in France since Saturday and here we go again ...

Last edited by chrissxb; Jul 4, 05 at 12:53 pm
chrissxb is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 10:52 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Belgium
Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Posts: 795
my French isn't so good yet
will it already be in effect on thursday
Airfrancefan is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 12:19 pm
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Taiwan(Taichung) and UK
Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Posts: 3,165
STRIKE now there's a word that will become high up the search list now we have AF on board !!!!!!!

What's Maggie Thatcher doing these days, its about time someone sorted this nation of strikers out they are the biggest trouble makers in Europe, want everything one sided and make everyone suffer for it.

French rule books says

Rule 1 :- there are no rules, we make them up to suit ourselves
Rule 2 :- refer to rule 1
Steve Fenton is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 12:54 pm
  #4  
TGV
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Paris, EU
Programs: FB Life Platinum
Posts: 628
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
...
What's Maggie Thatcher doing these days, its about time someone sorted this nation of strikers out they are the biggest trouble makers in Europe, want everything one sided and make everyone suffer for it.
...
The now defunct AF/Fréquence Plus Flyertalk board was a quite civilized place, giving the opportunity to exchange interesting info, and good or bad experiences on AF. I have to admit that I don't know how the KLM/FD board did work, and if this kind of remarks was habitual there.

Anyway I would be very disappointed to see this type of post become frequent here, as they have a totally null value in terms of information.

The Airliner.net board is normally specialized in US/France (changed to or US/Continental Europe in the recent months) or Airbus vs Boeing wars. Please refrain from doing this here.
TGV is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 1:20 pm
  #5  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,261
I agree.
JOUY31 is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 3:50 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: JNB
Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 1,659
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
its about time someone sorted this nation of strikers out they are the biggest trouble makers in Europe, want everything one sided and make everyone suffer for it.
Steve, are you a columnist for this newspaper?

Very funny reading, BTW:

Having travelled quite widely, in the last few years some of the worst food which I have been served has been in France - more specifically in Paris.

I would have to say that in the last 10 years, Britain has surpassed France for their cuisine.

J, Edinburgh

Last edited by Falco Peregrinus; Jul 5, 05 at 3:55 pm
Falco Peregrinus is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 4:45 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Leeds ,Yorks UK
Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Posts: 4,233
Originally Posted by TGV
The now defunct AF/Fréquence Plus Flyertalk board was a quite civilized place, giving the opportunity to exchange interesting info, and good or bad experiences on AF. I have to admit that I don't know how the KLM/FD board did work, and if this kind of remarks was habitual there.

Anyway I would be very disappointed to see this type of post become frequent here, as they have a totally null value in terms of information.

.
Well maybe your airline should not have taken over ours then?


Ps mate …. when you say experiences on AF ... , should it not now say AF / KLM ? anyway less of the cheap shots ... I think I will leave that to Jacque Chirac. the french PM after todays outburst .....

Last edited by psollitt; Jul 5, 05 at 5:02 pm
psollitt is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 7:22 pm
  #8  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CDG
Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Posts: 4,029
Keep it civil, or play elsewhere. We're hear to talk airlines, not politics. Don't like it? Go to OMNI.

Derek
Co-Moderator
dctorres is offline  
Old Jul 5, 05, 8:48 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Somewhere in the vast world
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
STRIKE now there's a word that will become high up the search list now we have AF on board !!!!!!!

What's Maggie Thatcher doing these days, its about time someone sorted this nation of strikers out they are the biggest trouble makers in Europe, want everything one sided and make everyone suffer for it.

French rule books says

Rule 1 :- there are no rules, we make them up to suit ourselves
Rule 2 :- refer to rule 1
As always...STEVE, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colkurt is offline  
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:59 am
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Taiwan(Taichung) and UK
Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Posts: 3,165
Truth always hurts espeically to those that dont like facing it.

AF has always been at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to customer service, coupled with a culture of blatant rudeness to anyone who is non French will make this the Ryanair of Ryanair's.

The whole take over will no doubt cost thousands of jobs outside France and is obviously designed to create a monopoly for AF.

The FF programme is now an absolute joke and I am sure it will get worse.

With the fact - and you have to face it - strikes are an almsot everyday occurance in France and when ever the workforce dont like what they have they simply spit the dummy out of the pram and go on strike.

Booking any flight that now involves travel through France has to be considered on the basis " what happens if they go on strike " and every year you can be assured if its not the air traffic controllers, its the airport workers or the damm farmers causing trouble for eveyone else but the people they hae a dispute with.

Facts are facts and these are relevant as they will affect your travel.
Steve Fenton is offline  
Old Jul 6, 05, 2:16 am
  #11  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,261
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Truth always hurts espeically to those that dont like facing it.
I am afraid that I don't really care for your comment about a nation of strikers and the worst troublemakers in Europe.

Enough.
JOUY31 is offline  
Old Jul 6, 05, 4:42 am
  #12  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CDG
Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Posts: 4,029
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Truth always hurts espeically to those that dont like facing it.

AF has always been at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to customer service, coupled with a culture of blatant rudeness to anyone who is non French will make this the Ryanair of Ryanair's.

The whole take over will no doubt cost thousands of jobs outside France and is obviously designed to create a monopoly for AF.

The FF programme is now an absolute joke and I am sure it will get worse.

With the fact - and you have to face it - strikes are an almsot everyday occurance in France and when ever the workforce dont like what they have they simply spit the dummy out of the pram and go on strike.

Booking any flight that now involves travel through France has to be considered on the basis " what happens if they go on strike " and every year you can be assured if its not the air traffic controllers, its the airport workers or the damm farmers causing trouble for eveyone else but the people they hae a dispute with.

Facts are facts and these are relevant as they will affect your travel.
This post is full of opinions - yours - to which you are entitled. However, Flying Blue has nothing to do whatsoever with farmers, so let's try and stay relevant. Again. 2nd request.
dctorres is offline  
Old Jul 6, 05, 7:15 am
  #13  
TGV
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Paris, EU
Programs: FB Life Platinum
Posts: 628
Originally Posted by psollitt
Well maybe your airline should not have taken over ours then?
Could it be a consequence of free markets and globalization? Something usually more praised in the UK than in France?

Originally Posted by psollitt
Ps mate …. when you say experiences on AF ... , should it not now say AF / KLM ?
Read carefully: I was speaking of the defunct Fréquence Plus board, so it was related only to AF.

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Truth always hurts espeically to those that dont like facing it.

AF has always been at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to customer service, coupled with a culture of blatant rudeness to anyone who is non French will make this the Ryanair of Ryanair's.
I think you should then explain why AF has gained so many customers in the past years, and is expanding regularly.

Are all AF non French flyers simply masochists?
TGV is offline  
Old Jul 6, 05, 7:25 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: London, UK and Southern France
Posts: 16,521
Originally Posted by TGV
Could it be a consequence of free markets and globalization? Something usually more praised in the UK than in France?
Not really. KL had sought a merger with BA, but the merger fell through primarily because of regulatory obstacles (unwillingness of the US to waive the nationality clause because of the refusal of the UK to conclude an Open Skies agreement with the US). Had there been a free market, there is a high likelihood that KL would have been integrated in BA.

Originally Posted by TGV
I think you should then explain why AF has gained so many customers in the past years, and is expanding regularly.
Are all AF non French flyers simply masochists?
In which markets has it gained customers? Alliances have significantly boosted AF, but this can hardly be attributed to the quality of the product offered by AF.
NickB is online now  
Old Jul 6, 05, 1:44 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: JNB
Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 1,659
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
The whole take over will no doubt cost thousands of jobs outside France and is obviously designed to create a monopoly for AF.
"A monopoly is a company which is the only provider of a particular product or service and which therefore has complete control over an industry, so that it is impossible for other companies to comptete with it."

Collins Cobuild English dictionary (1995).

Originally Posted by NickB
In which markets has it gained customers?
China.
Falco Peregrinus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: