That voice computer...

Old Jun 14, 05, 12:11 am
tlr
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
Angry That voice computer...

Tried to call the FB hotline in Luxembourg. After going through a number of menus, the damned thing tells me that it doesn't understand my choice. The right approach here would be to connect me to a human operator. Instead, the computer hung up on me, telling me that they were unable to serve me.

(To make it worse, on my second attempt I actually got through the menus to the point where I was expecting to talk to someone. I was given a choice between being told how to write to them (!!), and retro-claiming. Since this was about a retro-claim that hasn't been granted, yet, I chose retro-claiming. "Please do it online, or if you don't have Internet access, send mail." Probably that's the fully automated treatment that they give to Ivory members, as the system still believes that this is my level... The Flying Dutchman "hinderdesk" was gold when compared to this.)

So, do these people have any idea at all what a customer loyalty program is all about?

Last edited by tlr; Jun 14, 05 at 12:19 am
Old Jun 14, 05, 4:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver Elite (AF), Eurobonus (SK), Asia Miles (CX)
I know. It's a shame. I called FB yesterday from Norway to tell them that I haven't received my FB card yet. Since I didn't know my FB number, I was stuck. I actually had to pretend I was going to book an award flight to get to talk to somebody. The french lady who answered was unable to find me in the database, even though I had my old Flying Dutchman number right in front of me. She gave me a dutch phonenumber I should call, which turned out to be the old french speaking FD helpdesk (which has now been closed due to the transition to FB). Oh, the lack of competence..

Called back fifteen minutes later, and spoke with someone else. She found me right away, and told me my card would be sent within a week. It usually pays off to call back and talk to somebody else.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: