FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   FB does NOT InterContinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/442009-fb-does-not-intercontinental-ambassador.html)

chrissxb Jun 10, 2005 8:04 am

FB does NOT InterContinental Ambassador

just got this answer from ambassador member service:

We apologize for the delay in our response. Please be advised that we do not
have any promotions entitling Flying Blue elite members
to a complimentary
Ambassador membership. We have confirmed that this advisory was printed in
error.
If you would like immediate details on the privileges of InterContinental
Ambassador, please visit our website

so what ? :D

Tim2008 Jun 10, 2005 8:33 am

It would have been a very nice perk :(

Indianocean Jun 10, 2005 12:21 pm

Intercontinental ambassador

I had the same reply last week:
"Please be informed that we do not have any information regarding a Flying
Blue promotion, which entitles Gold and Platinum members for a free
Ambassador membership status"
It was before the FB was launched on June 6th.
Do you think we can try later? Maybe the informations between their customer services are not updated yet?

chrissxb Jun 10, 2005 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Indianocean
Do you think we can try later? Maybe the informations between their customer services are not updated yet?

maybe we should forward their answers to FB

Richelieu Jun 10, 2005 3:18 pm

FB "generous by nature", including granting levels in other loyalty program that were not even informed ? :)

I am, on the other hand, pleased with Campanile training (for those few who cared :p) and even though the hotel must fill a paper form mentionning the number of nights, amount paid and miles credited (they multiply by hand...) and send by traditional mail to their central system, they did know what to do with my plastic card.

chrissxb Jun 11, 2005 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Richelieu
I am, on the other hand, pleased with Campanile training (for those few who cared :p) and even though the hotel must fill a paper form mentionning the number of nights, amount paid and miles credited (they multiply by hand...) and send by traditional mail to their central system, they did know what to do with my plastic card.

what's mileage for a campanile stay?

monahos Jun 11, 2005 5:49 pm

I am, on the other hand, pleased with Campanile training (for those few who cared :p)

Quelle déchéance (from I-C to Campanile that is)! :p

Richelieu Jun 11, 2005 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by chrissxb
what's mileage for a campanile stay?

1 mile per euro spent. That's a whooping 55 miles per night!!! Better than nothing, I guess.

chrissxb Jun 12, 2005 2:54 am

1 mile per euro spent. That's a whooping 55 miles per night!!! Better than nothing, I guess.

you get more (qualifying) miles for paying with af amex gold ;)

Falco Peregrinus Jun 12, 2005 3:13 am

Originally Posted by monahos
Quelle déchéance (from I-C to Campanile that is)! :p

The problem with too many Campanile nights is that you don't actually remember where you are (St Dizier? Limoges? Dijon?) when the alarm clock rings at 06:30. :o
All the rooms are alike.

BTW, "le Brésil s'invite chez Campanile" (Campa-Cabana :D :D ): Richelieu, did you try their Churrascaria buffet? :p

blairvanhorn Jun 12, 2005 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
BTW, "le Brésil s'invite chez Campanile" (Campa-Cabana :D :D ): Richelieu, did you try their Churrascaria buffet? :p

I had to go to their site to see it for myself! :D

Richelieu Jun 12, 2005 4:42 am

Yes, and it was actually quite good :) But the quality of the food varies greatly from one hotel to another. Rooms are standardized, but food isn't.
I discovered at this occasion that you can use 20k miles to get a free night with breakfast. It must be one of the worst euro/mile ratio possible (spend 20,000 in Campanile, get 55 euros off, a mighty 0,275% discount.

Overall, a change of pace from the Sofitel down the road... I hate when customers insist in covering expanses by themselves :p

blairvanhorn Jun 12, 2005 5:03 am

Yes, and it was actually quite good :) But the quality of the food varies greatly from one hotel to another. Rooms are standardized, but food isn't.
I discovered at this occasion that you can use 20k miles to get a free night with breakfast. It must be one of the worst euro/mile ratio possible (spend 20,000 in Campanile, get 55 euros off, a mighty 0,275% discount.

Soooooo tempting ... like using miles for excess baggage! ;)

I hate when customers insist in covering expanses by themselves :p

You ate that much at the churrascaria? :p

Richelieu Jun 12, 2005 5:53 am

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
You ate that much at the churrascaria? :p

I have always taken "all you can eat buffet" as a personal challenge. It brings the "swarm of locusts" side of my personality in control.