Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF at LAX : T2

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 4:12 pm

Back to TBIT?

Since TBIT will soon offer a large Skyteam lounge (see http://www.lawa.org/lax/pdf/TBIT%20L...ct%20Sheet.pdf for details), will AF move back there? Perhaps even KL as well?

It seems crazy to build such a facility just for KE and SU...

What gives?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Interesting news about a SkyTeam lounge at TBIT.

I doubt KL will move as they are very tightly intergrated with NW, as NW does all the handeling for KL at LAX.

I'm surprised to read that AF has Swissport doing the handeling at LAX T2. I thought the KL/AF merger was the reason AF moved to T2. You'd think NW would handle AF (and maybe raise the standards in the process)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:04 pm

Time will tell - I find it amazing how scattered all 3 alliances are at LAX - why are LH/NH/SQ or at least US/HP not located in terminals 6/7 for example?

But SkyTeam is definitely the worst off, with a significant presence in 2 non-adjacent terminals (2 and 5) as well as a minor presence (for now) at TBIT and terminal 6 (CO).

If SU and KE left TBIT for terminal 2 or 5, that would already be an improvement, but that seems very unlikely now that the new lounge is being built...
Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Andre
Since TBIT will soon offer a large Skyteam lounge (see http://www.lawa.org/lax/pdf/TBIT%20L...ct%20Sheet.pdf for details), will AF move back there? Perhaps even KL as well?

It seems crazy to build such a facility just for KE and SU...

What gives?
I don't remember where I read it, but I saw that AZ is supposed to be starting service to LAX again. Might have factored into the decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.