Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF at LAX : T2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:06 pm

I agree that it might be better for the AF crews at T2 but as a passenger T2 is a bigger zoo than T5 and the awful TBIT. We will have to wait and see

I wonder if the move to T2 will help some of the old AF employees get their jobs back. IIRC, when AF went to DL's T5, alot of AF ground employees lost their jobs as DL handled the check in and ramp duties. Only a few AF employees were around to assist the DL staff.

Lets just hope that we will soon be able to use our DL miles on AF again. I love the LAX-CDG-LAX service in F. Best deal out there for 100,000 miles ^ ^
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by upgrade lover
Lets just hope that we will soon be able to use our DL miles on AF again. I love the LAX-CDG-LAX service in F. Best deal out there for 100,000 miles ^ ^
Why can't you use your miles now? I used some DL miles for AF not too long ago.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:32 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
According to threads on various boards, including the DL board, it would seem that DL has set a blackout period for the summer for using SkyMiles to redeem an award on AF flights, which is not linked to a lack of availability of award seats on these flights. This blackout does not apply to NW or CO pax using miles from their own FF programs.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: TK*G
AF and T2 at LAX

Apparently AF has joined KL and NW in terminal 2 at LAX. Does anybody know if they use the well worn NW lounge or if they've made other arrangements.

It really is a shame they moved. The DL terminal is much nicer (as is the Crown Room) and Customs and Immigration was so much easier in terminal 5.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by renalt130
Apparently AF has joined KL and NW in terminal 2 at LAX. Does anybody know if they use the well worn NW lounge or if they've made other arrangements.

It really is a shame they moved. The DL terminal is much nicer (as is the Crown Room) and Customs and Immigration was so much easier in terminal 5.
Business pax go to the NW lounge, which is quite pleasant. FC PAX go to Air New Zealand FC Lounge. It is not a" shame they moved". The CRC between 4 and 9:00 PM was a mess with all of the AF J and F Pax along with DL CRC and BE pax all vying for a limited amount of seating. BTW, I like that "well worn" NW lounge. At least, I can make my own bloody mary and have a fine view of the runways.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Are you sure it has moved for all flights now? I called AF and they said it is still T5.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:48 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by stimpy
Are you sure it has moved for all flights now? I called AF and they said it is still T5.
Call AF again. I am certain that they are out of T5. Move to T2 looked permanent to me (last month).
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: DL
www.lawa.org shows AF in LAX's T2
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL GM
I was shocked last week, while dropping off friends heading to AMS on KL 602, to find Air France in T2. I assumed it was some summer overflow extra-flights thing. I must say that I preferred the Delta lounge to the aptly-described "well worn" NW WorldClub, but it's otherwise nice to have all the airlines I fly together in one terminal at my home airport. I've not noticed any appreciable difference in customs/immigration between the two terminals.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:39 pm
Suspended

It is indeed one of the oldest World Clubs and the speed of the elevator could not be slower, but it`s very close to the departure gates and if you connect on NW certainly much more convenient.

Isn`t LAX a mess anyway ?
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by MJLogan
I've not noticed any appreciable difference in customs/immigration between the two terminals.
Maybe I've just been lucky but I've never had to wait in line at immigration in Terminal 5. Terminal 2, however, has always been jam-packed.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

new terminal, same crummy check-in

I went to T2 yesterday to check in for AF69. I thought they might have AF staff doing the check-in now, but instead the staff have Swissport badges. And my BP printed Gold instead of Platinum. When I asked to have it fixed, they printed a BP without any status on it and gave me an SSSS for my trouble. They did not offer me a lounge card. I asked for lounge access and they told me that the NW lounge was full and they probably would not allow me access.

So I went up to security where the first agent managing the line highlighted the SSSS on my boarding pass and sent me to a special line with only a few people in it. That's when I said I'd had enough. I moved my BP behind my connecting BP in the jacket thinking (correctly as it turned out) that the TSA guy wouldn't notice. Sure enough he only looked at the top BP (CDG-LYS) and didn't notice the SSSS on the other BP. So I hustled up to the NWA lounge to find PLENTY of seats available.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:47 pm

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by stimpy
So I went up to security where the first agent managing the line highlighted the SSSS on my boarding pass
Forgive me, but what is SSSS? I tried a google and got intriguing hits like "The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality - Western Region". I somehow doubt that is what you meant.

Jerene

Last edited by Jerene; Aug 5, 2005 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:00 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by Threy
It is indeed one of the oldest World Clubs and the speed of the elevator could not be slower, but it`s very close to the departure gates and if you connect on NW certainly much more convenient.

Isn`t LAX a mess anyway ?

Don't blame NW for the elevator. That's LAWA's fault.

As for AF, are all the flights using T2? Because the Tahiti flight passengers bound for LAX (and not continuing on to CDG) have been clearing at Tom Bradley Memorial (he's dead) Terminal and then exiting Customs there.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Jerene
Forgive me, but what is SSSS? I tried a google and got intriguing hits like "The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality - Western Region". I somehow doubt that is what you meant.
SSSS prints on your boarding pass if some mysterious computer algorythm decides you deserve extra scrutiny by the American security folks. Purchasing a ticket right before the flight, or traveling one-way--or having your boarding pass reprinted, apparently--can all trigger the dreaded SSSS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.