FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Any OFFICAL news on miles for international L fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/436211-any-offical-news-miles-international-l-fares.html)

Germanfflyer May 24, 05 12:02 pm

Any OFFICAL news on miles for international L fares

I know it has been a rumor for quite some time but I am stil not able to find ANY offical information on the miles I will get for L ,N or E fares! :rolleyes:

maclover May 24, 05 12:52 pm

I just completed a CDG-JFK r/t all in L and got full mileage credited to my AZ FF card.

Cheers maclover

JOUY31 May 24, 05 3:14 pm

Agreed. But this does not address the issue of what we earn after D-Day with the follow-up of F+.

Falco Peregrinus May 24, 05 3:27 pm

Flyaircanada provided plenty of accurate (and rather pessimistic) information on this topic. Nothing official, unfortunately.

I am prone to believe that nothing official means nothing completely fixed. Others say that nothing official means poor FB communication :D

As far as I am concerned, I postpone my summer bookings in coach up to the official B day.

Germanfflyer May 29, 05 12:22 pm

For some reason I do not trust all those rumor sources, I would rather have an official statement.

stimpy May 29, 05 1:08 pm

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426527

rcs85551 May 29, 05 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
For some reason I do not trust all those rumor sources, I would rather have an official statement.

KL Platinum Elite Desk here in Germany confirmed it again this Friday when I was talking to them.

Germanfflyer May 30, 05 3:09 am

KL has an elite desk in Germany? I am always told to call AMS?!! :rolleyes:

Germanfflyer May 30, 05 3:11 am

Dear mr Oliver

Thank you for your email.

When booking a flight with Air France in L or V class you will earn 100% miles.

Should you need more information, we advise you to contact our Flying Dutchman helpdesk by
telephone. The FD helpdesk can be reached from Monday to Saturday (inclusive) from 08.00 till 20.00
hrs. Please find our telephone numbers at the end of this e-mail.

We hope that we have been of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Flying Dutchman helpdesk

Germanfflyer May 30, 05 3:12 am

Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We hereby would like to inform you that, a flight booked on AF in the L and V class will allow you
to earn 100% flown Miles.
All classes will allow you to earn 100% flown Miles except for the G-class.

Should you need more information, we advise you to contact our Flying Dutchman helpdesk by
telephone. The FD helpdesk can be reached from Monday to Saturday (inclusive) from 08.00 till 20.00
hrs. Please find our telephone numbers at the end of this e-mail.

We hope that we have been of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Flying Dutchman helpdesk

rcs85551 May 30, 05 3:39 am

KL has an elite desk in Germany? I am always told to call AMS?!! :rolleyes:

The elite desk is for Platinum members only.

Apart from that, the FD helpdesk is correct, L/V earn 100% in Flying Dutchman. They won't however in Flying Blue.

Germanfflyer May 30, 05 4:16 am

Originally Posted by rcs85551
The elite desk is for Platinum members only.

Apart from that, the FD helpdesk is correct, L/V earn 100% in Flying Dutchman. They won't however in Flying Blue.

So what, I am a PE and sorry, but do not belive you information is correct.

My question to the answer above :

I am in the process of booking 2 flights CDG-BKK on AF for February 2006
in bookingclasses L and V on AF.

I am unsure if these bookingclases earn 100% flown miles, please let me
know how many miles I will get.

rcs85551 May 30, 05 7:27 am

You will earn 25% on the AF L class segment and 100% on the AF V class segment.

If you were travelling on KLM:
You would earn 25% on the KL V class segment.

rcs85551 May 30, 05 7:29 am

So what, I am a PE and sorry, but do not belive you information is correct.

Well, flyaircanada has already told everybody here, and the German Platinum Elite Helpdesk has verified it too:

- AF L class will only earn 25%
- KL V class will only earn 25%

Already on the web is the information that

- NW V class will only earn 25%

We all try to hope for the contrary, but from the information I have, it won't happen.

flyaircanada May 30, 05 5:03 pm

As I mentionned before, if you want to earn miles with AF, then avoid the L class on your long haul flights.