L versus V under new FB rules

Old Apr 27, 05, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
L versus V under new FB rules

I was about to book for this summer LYS-CDG-NRT aller retour for about 800 when I stopped to ask the AF agent what booking class it was. She said it was L over and V back. I asked her if that would give me 100% miles. She said, "Oh yes, they have new rules now. Let me check". A few moments later she said, "L only earns 25% mileage. I checked and if you buy V fares both ways, it is only an extra 75 and you get the full mileage".

Thank you to Flyertalk contributors! I would not have asked that question were it not for all these posts. I just would have been very angry at AF for not telling me in advance that I would get screwed out of a lot of miles.
Old Apr 27, 05, 10:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
I was about to book for this summer LYS-CDG-NRT aller retour for about 800 when I stopped to ask the AF agent what booking class it was. She said it was L over and V back. I asked her if that would give me 100% miles. She said, "Oh yes, they have new rules now. Let me check". A few moments later she said, "L only earns 25% mileage. I checked and if you buy V fares both ways, it is only an extra 75 and you get the full mileage".

Thank you to Flyertalk contributors! I would not have asked that question were it not for all these posts. I just would have been very angry at AF for not telling me in advance that I would get screwed out of a lot of miles.
I just get the package and I didn't see anything about this !!!
Old Apr 28, 05, 5:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

And what about us out there who purchased these tickets before the new rule came to surface?? I am really fuming mad now with these new rules as I can't even change the ticket class by paying the extra because they have been issued! I really feel so cheated with these rules.. I know that in their T&C, it is stated that they can change their rules anytime.. but please.. should they not like at least honor tickets purchased before these new numbers were published with the old rules? (at least with the proof of purchase!)

Just fuming mad..
Old Apr 28, 05, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Note that I am a US member of FB and those are the US rules as I understand it. I'm not sure if it is the same for France or Belgium.
Old Apr 28, 05, 2:39 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
I got my FB (gold) card today. I checked and checked again, no way to know officially in black and white which booking codes won't earn full mileage. Rather vague sentences like 'you can earn miles for most of our booking codes'.

Can we expect something official? And when? Are they testing us?
Old Apr 28, 05, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When I was on the phone with the agent, she went to read an email she received with the rules for the booking codes. So at least the AF phone center agents have it in black and white. I don't know why FB can't tell us.
Old Apr 28, 05, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
When I was on the phone with the agent, she went to read an email she received with the rules for the booking codes. So at least the AF phone center agents have it in black and white. I don't know why FB can't tell us.
why can't they publish on internet?

it was the same for F+. if Richelieu (thanks again - good work) would not have started the F+ FAQ on FlyerTalk, we would not have known much about booking codes. AF Website ist crap. Once I asked AF why it does not show on website ... they were not able to answer.
Old Apr 29, 05, 7:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
They just don't seem to want to give you any information. I really don't understand it.
Old Apr 29, 05, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just bought another long-haul ticket which is K over and T back and I asked the AF agent when the new rules take effect. She said June 6th and my flight is in May so I should be OK. I hope!
Old Apr 29, 05, 11:38 pm

I just bought another long-haul ticket which is K over and T back and I asked the AF agent when the new rules take effect. She said June 6th and my flight is in May so I should be OK. I hope!
I think K and T class will be OK anyway under the new rules on June 6. Even V will be OK from what I gather so far. It is only L which will earn 25pct
Old Apr 30, 05, 7:59 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
I think K and T class will be OK anyway under the new rules on June 6. Even V will be OK from what I gather so far. It is only L which will earn 25pct
Absolutely, so no worries for Stimpy, even with the new FB !
Old May 30, 05, 3:13 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Question

Dear mr Oliver

Thank you for your email.

When booking a flight with Air France in L or V class you will earn 100% miles.

Should you need more information, we advise you to contact our Flying Dutchman helpdesk by
telephone. The FD helpdesk can be reached from Monday to Saturday (inclusive) from 08.00 till 20.00
hrs. Please find our telephone numbers at the end of this e-mail.

We hope that we have been of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Flying Dutchman helpdesk
Old May 30, 05, 3:14 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Dear Mr Kruck,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We hereby would like to inform you that, a flight booked on AF in the L and V class will allow you
to earn 100% flown Miles.
All classes will allow you to earn 100% flown Miles except for the G-class.

Should you need more information, we advise you to contact our Flying Dutchman helpdesk by
telephone. The FD helpdesk can be reached from Monday to Saturday (inclusive) from 08.00 till 20.00
hrs. Please find our telephone numbers at the end of this e-mail.

We hope that we have been of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Flying Dutchman helpdesk
Old May 30, 05, 3:40 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
In Flying Dutchman - yes
In Flying Blue - no
Old May 30, 05, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by rcs85551
In Flying Dutchman - yes
In Flying Blue - no
According to what I have gathered so far the answer should be:

If Flying Dutchman yes
If Flying Blue 25pct for the L class part of the ticket
100pct for the Vclass part of the ticket

Except if anything changed abt V class... which would be terrible news for many

Search this Thread