Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An official lurker for the AF forum??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
An official lurker for the AF forum??

From the most recent edition of TalkMail received today:

Air France Frequence Plus members rejoice. Word has it that very soon
there will be a new moderator for the forum with "insider" knowledge of
the program. That's all we're saying and if anyone asks, you didn't hear
it from us.
Well, first of all, I don't think they meant to use the term "moderator": I can't imagine Randy appointing an AF company rep to be moderator of this forum ... talk about a really twisted version of the "inmates taking over the asylum" ...

And besides, our beloved dctorres already does such a fabulous job!

I suspect they meant that someone from AF/F+ will be lurking here in a somewhat official "ombudsman" capacity.

In any event, what do you all make of this? Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Or an AF PR stunt to soften the blow while rolling out the new FlyingBlue program? The timing seems a bit suspect to me, especially for a program that has never received very high marks for being customer-driven/responsive.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
In any event, what do you all make of this? Is this a good thing? A bad thing? Or an AF PR stunt to soften the blow while rolling out the new FlyingBlue program? The timing seems a bit suspect to me, especially for a program that has never received very high marks for being customer-driven/responsive.
We'll see... Maybe it's a sign that they want the Flying Beurk program to be more responsive, especially since they expected bad reactions, esp. from the FD crowd? Maybe they're taking the Internet into account in their strategy, which may let us hope for an e-mail address to contact F+ officially? We'll see...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:18 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
KLM Customer Loyalty contact advised about some type of lurker being finalized.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I hope that means they will merge the KLM and AF forum. It doesn't make sense to have two forums discussing the same mileage program.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 1:49 am

Richelieu : I love your expression "Flying Beurk"...
Could become the official name...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.