Wiki Posts
Search

PPT - LAX Tempo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA GOLD, HERTZ #1 GOLD, STRWD PLAT
PPT - LAX Tempo

Does anybody which model of 747-400 is used on the LAX-PPT route? I know one has 3 classes of service, and one has 2 classes of service. I am specifically looking at flight 71 on Sept. 26 from PPT-LAX. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by rweintra
Does anybody which model of 747-400 is used on the LAX-PPT route? I know one has 3 classes of service, and one has 2 classes of service. I am specifically looking at flight 71 on Sept. 26 from PPT-LAX. Thanks.
From my past travels the aircraft has always been a 3 class affair with a proper First, Business and economy configuration. As AF has been slowly changing the layout with the new First and Business product, I don't know what the future holds. From what I have read, all 747's will be only 2 classes but the change-over is taking longer than the development of the A380!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:01 pm

It is still the 747-400, at least on my flights next month.

A follow on question:

I called AF today to try to get better seats LAX-PPT-LAX. Instead of window/middle, I asked if there were empty seats so that we could try for window/aisle with empty seat in between. The agent was able to get us seats in row 31 outbound and 28 return. I then asked if our skymiles numbers were in the system, they were not (even though Delta knows that we are on these flights). She added them. She then said that since I am Elite Plus, we can sit near the front of the cabin; we are in row 14 both directions.

Is there any advantage to sitting up front? Any better service, seats, food, room? Is there a better chance that they will keep middle seat empty if possible? Will it be faster getting off in PPT and through customs?

thanks,
Marc
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Marq
Is there any advantage to sitting up front? Any better service, seats, food, room? Is there a better chance that they will keep middle seat empty if possible? Will it be faster getting off in PPT and through customs?
There is no real advantage to sitting up front. You get to disembark a few minutes before the last person on the plane. I've heard that there is a slightly greater seat pitch, but I didn't notice a difference (im 6'5", so I'm miserable in coach anyways). I believe the "preferred" section will be opened up to everyone a few days before departure, and gate agents can certainly assign seats to everyone. But: I've seen pretty low loads on some of these flights, and every time I've been in coach we ended up either having three or even four seats. When you go through customs in PPT, just pick whatever line is shortest; the EU line moves at about twice the speed of the non-EU line, and the agents don't care at all if you're in the wrong line. Good luck with your seats; Tahiti is well worth seven hours in coach!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 1:36 pm

I am flying LAX-PPT in January of '06 and it is indeed a 2-class cabin because I paid for business class and I am in row 1. I was also told that it will have the NTC seating.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Wait a couple of months, and see. They had loaded the 2-class config for flights this fall, but it is now showing first class, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.