Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Wink NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"

Announcing the arrival of Flying Blue

Take two leading Frequent Flyer programmes.
Add all of the partners in Air France and KLM's global networks.
Multiply your Miles by thousands of daily flights to destinations on every continent.
The result?
Easy. Flying Blue, the first Frequent Flyer programme of the future. Ready for take off?

Both innovative and easy to use, Flying Blue builds on the best of the current Air France and KLM frequent flyer programmes.

Flying Blue, which becomes effective as of June, offers four membership Levels : Ivory, Silver, Gold and Platinum, with a growing range of benefits to satisfy all customer needs.

Flying Blue members will benefit from many advantages thanks to the combined networks of Air France and KLM .
Together with 36 partner airlines, Flying Blue will enable customers to earn and use Miles on 18,000 daily flights to 900 destinations.
The programme includes also around 100 non-airline partners, which further increases the opportunities for earning Miles.

Discover more information on Flying Blue, including all about how to earn and spend Miles, and the many benefits of membership, on the Frequent Flyers section of our site from the beginning of May.

If you are already a member of Fréquence Plus, your transfer to Flying Blue couldn't be easier.

• We will credit your current Miles to your Flying Blue account as of June 2005, with no drop in value: 1 Fréquence Plus Mile = 1 Flying Blue Mile.

• Your membership number remains the same. Whether you plan to travel right now or after June, all you have to do to ensure your account is credited with Miles, is to give your Fréquence Plus number when :
• making a reservation with Air France, KLM, SkyTeam or any other airline partner,
• checking in at the airport,

• your Flying Blue membership card will be sent to your registered Fréquence Plus address in the coming weeks of May and June, along with Flying Blue membership guide*.

Your current status and Qualifying Miles in Fréquence Plus programme will be taken into account when you are given the corresponding Ivory, Silver, Gold or Platinum Flying Blue membership card.

• Your Fréquence Plus Reward tickets or certificates that has been already issued remains valid as of Fréquence Plus general terms and conditions.

* Documentation (including the Flying Blue card) will be sent to members who have earned Miles with Fréquence Plus in the last 24 months; other customers will receive documentation when they next use their Fréquence Plus Card.

SOURCE : www.airfrance.co.th
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:30 am

Blue

Is there any indication of the possibility of merging FD and F+ accounts? I have some FD miles which would be more useful combined with the larger amount in my F+ account.

Also some individuals may have accumulated miles on both of these in the last year and this should be taken into account in determining status.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by gaelflyer
Is there any indication of the possibility of merging FD and F+ accounts? I have some FD miles which would be more useful combined with the larger amount in my F+ account.

Also some individuals may have accumulated miles on both of these in the last year and this should be taken into account in determining status.
I am assuming that F+ and FD accounts for the same individuals will be merged: the FlyingBlue program will replace the two existing programs so I don't see how they can do anything else but merge the acounts for those members who have miles in both.

Additionally, the press releases have specified the following:

"Fréquence Plus" and "Flying Dutchman" cardholders will, of course, automatically become members of the new program, and will retain all the Miles they have accrued up to now, without any drop in value (1 Fréquence Plus Mile = 1 Flying Blue Mile; 1 Flying Dutchman Mile = 1 Flying Blue Mile).
That sounds like a merging of accounts to me.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
I just received the newsletter from FD (soory it is in French).

"En tant que membre du programme Flying Dutchman, vous adhérerez automatiquement ŕ FLYING BLUE. Par ailleurs, votre solde de miles y sera intégralement reporté. Qui plus est, le programme FLYING BLUE reposera sur des niveaux d’adhésion calqués sur les niveaux Flying Dutchman actuels, avec des privilčges comparables aux statuts de Blue Plus, Silver, Gold et Platinum Elite."

It says that the Flying Blue privileges will be very much similar to the privileges of FD Silver, Gold an PE.

I don't know so well the advantage of PE vs Gold in FD program and also PE vs F+ rouge. Does anyone have a clue as it looks like this is what we will get.
I know PE have more bonus but what else more?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

The current thresholds for FD are as follows:
Silver Elite 25,000miles or 20 segments
Gold Elite 50,000miles or 40 segments
Platinum Elite 75,000miles or 60 segments

I don't know what exactly are the current differences in benefits between Gold and Platinum but I remember reading that Plats are allowed two guests in the lounges while Golds are allowed only one.
About the bonuses, I am not too sure about the differences.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
I don't know what exactly are the current differences in benefits between Gold and Platinum but I remember reading that Plats are allowed two guests in the lounges while Golds are allowed only one.
About the bonuses, I am not too sure about the differences.
KLM FD Plats get a 125% bonus, Golds 100%. Other differences are quite minor, an extra 5kg luggage allowance, 'highest' vs. 'higher' waitlist priority, and formerly lounge access regardless of airline flown.

One major difference is that FD Plats get complimentary upgrades on NW domestic flights, as NW elites do. I very much doubt FB Plats will keep that benefit.

Also, 10 uninterrupted years of FD PE were supposed to yield lifetime PE; the current FD program is but 2 years old, but the old FD program rolled over miles beyond the yearly threshold, a benefit honored under the new FD. As a result, a number of people had quite a few years of PE status locked up, with only a few more to go to secure lifetime PE.

As a former F+ elite and current FD elite, I believe F+ members will benefit from FB, unlike their FD counterparts. FD also has upgrades from any fares, something FFP's worldwide have been phasing out.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:30 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
C2000 - Flying Blue Bonus Miles

[QUOTE=mat_bkk]Announcing the arrival of Flying Blue

AF-KLM sent their 'Welcome to Flying Blue' letter to (at least one) Club2000 members on March 29.

The toll service number they announced for FlyingBlue (+31 0900 040 02 52) is not yet working.

Clearly, for AF+KL, it's a bit like moving into a new house, neither of them knows where much info is. The help desks of both F+ and Flying Dutchman FD, the to-be-fused programmes, moan on as if they will be the last to be told anything.
The F+ announced that AF's Club 2000 and KL's Skipper will be merged into 'Club 2000 Skipper'. Must have been some focus group, that one! To be believed when seen; sounds like a Parisian rumour to tease the peers in FD.

But their bosses are gaily writing that Club2000 members will get a Bonus Elite of 100% (was 50%) as well another 100% for European C and S flights, and an unchanged 50% for C,D and Z and an upped(?) 200% for F, A for other flights.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Official: They will merge F+ and FD miles

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
I am assuming that F+ and FD accounts for the same individuals will be merged: the FlyingBlue program will replace the two existing programs so I don't see how they can do anything else but merge the acounts for those members who have miles in both.

Additionally, the press releases have specified the following:

That sounds like a merging of accounts to me.

My letter of 29 March from the AF and KL heads of customer relations says
(I'm not typing the accents, k?)
"Si vous etiez deja membre de [FD et F+], il se peut que vous receviez deux cartes Flying Blue. Dans de cas, merci de nous renvoyer la photocopie des deux nouvelles cartes... afin que nous puissions fusionner vos comptes."

[translation: If you were a member of FD and F+, you may receive 2 FB cards. If so, send us a photocopy of them both, so that we can merge your accounts.]
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:56 am

Programs: AF F+B - KLM FD G - UA - CX - Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by gaelflyer

Yep, I'm blue on FP and gold on FD. Certainly hope they figure out how to merge, or even better, accumulate last year's credit on both FFP to decide which "blue" card they give me

confused:

Like pretty much everybody on the post, I find the name pretty lousy : :
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:59 am

Just Call Frequence Plus Paris

I just called FP in France in order to get more information about FB ...
They say that they know only what AF Website say ... Nothing.
I complain because they are not suppose change the rule when the game has already start ...
She said that if I don't want to swith to FB and stay on FP program there is no objection.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mat_bkk
She said that if I don't want to swith to FB and stay on FP program there is no objection.
I think she is just confused and does not know what she is talking about.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Exclamation BREAKING NEWS : Gap between F+rouge and platinium

Hi everyone at Flyertalk,

This is a surprise and needs to be confirmed, but according to my sources at Frequence plus, platinium members of the FB programm must have 90000qmiles /years . This is actually the rule used to determine who is/is not platinium this year, and based on 2004 individual results. Luckily, I had 96000 qmiles last year, nevertheless I think this is quite unfair for those who became rouge last year with only 60000 qmiles and will be downgraded in June to the gold FB card. No news about the advantages provided by both cards (gold and platinium)
I hope this helps everyone
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Serpentos
Hi everyone at Flyertalk,

This is a surprise and needs to be confirmed, but according to my sources at Frequence plus, platinium members of the FB programm must have 90000qmiles /years . This is actually the rule used to determine who is/is not platinium this year, and based on 2004 individual results. Luckily, I had 96000 qmiles last year, nevertheless I think this is quite unfair for those who became rouge last year with only 60000 qmiles and will be downgraded in June to the gold FB card. No news about the advantages provided by both cards (gold and platinium)
I hope this helps everyone

IF FB GOLD GET THE SAME BENEFIT AS FP ROUGE IT IS OK BUT IF THEY CHANGE THE BENEFIT THAT IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR BECAUSE THEY CHANGE THE GAME'S RULES WHEN IT IS OVER !!!!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:26 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Serpentos
This is a surprise and needs to be confirmed, but according to my sources at Frequence plus, platinium members of the FB programm must have 90000qmiles /years
I wonder how many people remember how many qualifying miles they had accrued last years (outside Flyertalkers of course).
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold, Emirates Gold
Question Qualifyer for status

Anyone have any idea if for non - French residents they are going to keep the qualifier threshold @ 25,000 miles or increase it ? This is the initial status qualifier I am refering to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.