NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"

Old May 27, 05, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AshleyB
Returning to Paris from Delhi (via AMS) I had a lovely time with KLM staff who assured me that FP Gold is not a 'priority' card and so would not do priority baggage handling or waitlist on the ams-cdg flight. The agent in AMS practically threw the card at me with a sneer. I'm always nice to the people at the counter as they have sometimes a hard job but the KLM ladies really push it. At Roissy also I have ben told that I cannot be eligible for seats at the front of Y. I thought this would happen. French resident FB Gold is not very good! I think maybe LH will be better overall. It is a pity!
FB starts on june 6th. you were able to use your old KLM or AF card to get the benefits.
Old May 27, 05, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. They have stated that you cannot use the FB card before June 6th.
Old May 27, 05, 1:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I know that. I could not find my new FP Rouge card that was sent to me one months ago 2 weeks before my FB card! The number is the same though and the KLM ladies saw that I was red but acted as if FP had been absorbed by KL FD and we had to be by their rules. It really seems though that there has been a big change of culture and they are concentrating on keeping nonFrench people.
Old May 27, 05, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Until June 6th, you do have to abide by KL FD rules. And I doubt they have been trained to understand what FB is yet. Perhaps you confused them with your FB card. Why produce a card at all? Your passenger record shows you are Skyteam Elite.
Old May 27, 05, 3:21 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Returning to Paris from Delhi (via AMS) I had a lovely time with KLM staff who assured me that FP Gold is not a 'priority' card and so would not do priority baggage handling or waitlist on the ams-cdg flight.
Mmmh... you mean FB Gold, not FP Gold? Anyway, I guess that your luggage had been tagged in Delhi? Shouldn't the KLM staff in Delhi (not in AMS) have tagged your luggage with a 'Priority' tag? Not sure about the fact they do it for F+ members... once again the SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus rules are not that clear when it comes to common perks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436192

At Roissy also I have ben told that I cannot be eligible for seats at the front of Y.
I guess you're talking about your AMS-CDG segment. The 'front Y' is actually a different cabin (Tempo Challenge) reserved for full-fare Y passengers.

...and the KLM ladies saw that I was red
Red of confusion?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: