Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK = as far as I know

As to E or E+ status, this is the million dollar question. In so far as they do not have access to ST lounges other than KL or AF, this would suggest E rather than E+ but the situation is not altogether clear.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
deleted.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:22 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
As I told in another post :

I confirm that gold members in the USA will have ELITE status and not ELITE PLus status. SO access to AF/KL lounges !

Furthermore, One US domestic flightsegment is a qualifying segment.

and finally, your flying blue status depends on the 2004 qualifying miles.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:11 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
[QUOTE=flyaircanada]As I told in another post :

I confirm that gold members in the USA will have ELITE status and not ELITE PLus status. SO access to AF/KL lounges !

[QUOTE]

I understand that US GOld Members will have only Elite Status. However, my question was concerning "NON-US" Gold Member, since these members can have access to all SkyTeam Lounges (not just AF/KLM Lounges like US Gold Members), would this mean they are Elite Plus? If this has not been clarified by Air France/KLM yet or no one here knows for sure, please never mind. I will just wait for the official announcement from AF/KLM....THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:28 am

Non-US Gold members are Elite plus.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:46 am

Programs: frequence plus Rouge
Originally Posted by flyaircanada
Non-US Gold members are Elite plus.
i greatly appreciate your input flyaircanada, it helped me alot.
i am currently F+ ROUGE. i want to know if i changed now my adress (currently in the US) to a NON-US/FRENCH adress, will i get the ELITE PLUS status as of june? (maybe you can change it for me....)

thanks alot for your help!
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by alter
i greatly appreciate your input flyaircanada, it helped me alot.
i am currently F+ ROUGE. i want to know if i changed now my adress (currently in the US) to a NON-US/FRENCH adress, will i get the ELITE PLUS status as of june? (maybe you can change it for me....)

thanks alot for your help!
Hurry.... and send a Fax with your new adress to F+. The first cards and the welcome package are out since april 15th.

But my "official" answer is that we are not very happy when customers change their adress just because of status or Mileage earning (which is easier when you are a non resident in France). So I hope that your new adress is the real one........
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
FAC-

There are plenty of people who have multiple addresses in multiple countries.

* corporate AND home addresses
* first home AND second home addresses
* own property AND rent property addresses
* first home AND investment property address
* etc. AND etc. addresses
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum, IC Platinum Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
Nothing in Paris so far. Not surprising, Paris being a lot farther away from CDG than Istanbul and Rio.
Got my Platinum card in the mail today (I live in Paris).
Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by whizzer
I guess it's because you're Platinum and therefore deserve "tapis rouge". With my 70.000 QM in 2004, I'm supposed to belong to the wrong side of the F+ Rouge family. Besides, I live in France, AF's so-called captive market... where AF claim TGV competition but at the same time require more QM from French residents to reach status
Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Will there be system whereby you would only move down one level each year in case you don't have enough qmiles to retain your status. e.g If you are Platinum and you make 25,000 miles in 2005, you become Silver or you are downgraded one level only to Gold??? I heard this used to be the system at FD
Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:29 pm

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
Originally Posted by whizzer
My wife got her Fréquence Plus Bleu today (postmarked April 19th from 94 Gonesse)

Interesting enough, she was just 200 miles last year from the Bleu level. I asked if they could award her the Bleu status, but never received a reply.
If we would have on one segment flown with Delta via on if its international hubs rather than the non-stop AF flight, she would have had enough miles for the next level. But we rather take the non-stop (and the better food).
Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
Hi,

Will there be system whereby you would only move down one level each year in case you don't have enough qmiles to retain your status. e.g If you are Platinum and you make 25,000 miles in 2005, you become Silver or you are downgraded one level only to Gold??? I heard this used to be the system at FD
Yes, and it'll be the case in the FD if you earn at least 1 mile (if you don't, they drop you to Ivory). Can't find it right now nut I believe I read about it here

Last edited by apoivre; Apr 22, 2005 at 9:32 pm Reason: correct link
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:36 am

I confirm.

If you earn just One mile, you will not be downgraded to the lowest level.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:05 am

Actually, FAQ #24 mentions one must earn one level mile for a soft landing:

If you did not travel at all, you will be downgraded to Ivory level, in spite of your current level.
If you only earned at least one Level Mile, but not enough to continue your level, you will only be downgraded to the next lower level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.