Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by damienmoreau
This is exactly my cas. I flew last year with AF, just enough to reach Red status (40k) to also be able to get Gold with Delta.
DM

Yeah, I hear you.... I put everything pretty much on UA once I made Rouge for AF. Sorry, but UA was *much* more convient for me out of IAD than SkyTeam. Nevertheless, had I saw the writing on the wall, I would have bucked up and put it all on AF and I wouldn't be worrying at all about where I'll be for the next year.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: frequence plus Rouge
Originally Posted by beaubo
So, FB will be discriminating against members with US addresses when it comes to lounge access and being designated only ST Elite. FB will be discriminating against members with French addresses when it comes to earning more status miles than other members.

Solution....get a non-US/non-French address!!!!

I wonder if FB will activate the equivalent of Delta's Revenue Protection Unit for correct address enforcement!

hello,
i have a question
i am a us residing F+ ROUGE member, now according to what i read about the new "FLYING BLUE" program, there are some dissadvantages for us residents, Q: will US residents still be reciving 100% bonus miles? and if not, then is it better i change over to a diffrent E.U. adress (like spain for example)?
thanks for your help
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by alter
Q: will US residents still be receiving 100% bonus miles? and if not, then is it better i change over to a different E.U. address?
There is no mention of the preferential 100% bonus for US members in the materials available so far.

F+ never had a 100% bonus outside of the US; FB bonuses will be the same for all locations.

The reason for a 'move' to Europe would be to get Skyteam Elite Plus status as a FB Gold, as US FB Golds will apparently only be Skyteam Elite (without Skyteam lounge access).
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Snoopyo
Same with KE for 50K should be mid tier rather than low tier
Not quite, KE's Morning Calm only requires 50K lifetime, not per annum, and comes with relatively useless Skyteam Elite perks. Maintaining it requires 30K/2 years.

There is then a huge gap to 'Morning Calm Premium'/ST E+, granted at 500K lifetime, with lifetime validity however.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:19 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Angry

To All Us Resident :

If Af Want To Play Let's Play. All Of Those Who Have Family Or Friend Outisde Us Just Chage Your Addres To Their Address.
Af Is Not Police They Are Not Allowed To Ask Proof Or Investigate !!!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:14 am

Programs: frequence plus Rouge
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
To All Us Resident :

If Af Want To Play Let's Play. All Of Those Who Have Family Or Friend Outisde Us Just Chage Your Addres To Their Address.

but as non Us resident (and non french), how many Qmiles will be needed for the elite+ status?
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:01 pm

Programs: Frequence Plus Red, Mileage Plus, Executive Club
Originally Posted by monahos
The reason for a 'move' to Europe would be to get Skyteam Elite Plus status as a FB Gold, as US FB Golds will apparently only be Skyteam Elite (without Skyteam lounge access).
I called Frequence Plus this morning and asked the question. The rep was sure that US-based FlyingBlue Gold would have access to the Skyteam lounges, and that there would be no difference, in that respect, between FlyingBlue Gold and Frequence Plus Red. Has anybody received the FlyingBlue Gold package, and if so, can anyone confirm the "lounge access" story?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 2:39 pm

If i understand well :

A - Everywhere-but-U.S.-and-France based = 40K to become GOLD / 75 % bonus / ELITE PLUS
B - France based : More K for GOLD / same as above for bonus and status
C - U.S. based = same as A but Elite status only

So, the "best" option would be option A ?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by mat_bkk
To All Us Resident :

it looks like that the times of an online change of country of residence are gone.... all I can change online are street, city, zip, but not the country of residence: the system always jumps back to us-residency. so I remain us resident...
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
200 000 level miles in 2004, I receive a GOLD Flying Blue

More than 200 000 level miles in 2004 and already 100 000 in 2005 (thanks AF Amex....) and I just received my Flying Blue card .... GOLD and not Plat...

I will call them.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 2:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
What ???? They used to say the FB status is based on 2004 activity ????
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:40 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
the F+ agent just told me that it should be a mistake, I need to call back after June tghe 6th if I don't receive the Platinum card.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:48 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Experts,

Got Flying Blue Package today (unfortunately, I am just an Ivory Member). Got a couple questions.

All Members EXCEPT French Residents:
Silver: 25K Level Miles or 15 SkyTeam One Way Flights, 50% Mileage Bonus.
Gold: 40K Level Miles or 30 SkyTeam One Way Flights, 75% Mileage Bonus.
Platinum: 70K Level Miles or 60 SkyTeam One Way Flights, 100% Mileage Bonus.

All One Way flights mentioned above exclude French Domestic Flights.

1st Q: Does US Domestic Flight count as One SkyTeam One Way Flight?
2nd Q: It says (within Platinum Benefits) that "Level Miles carried forward to the next year after reaching threshold of 115K Miles or 105 one-way flights (except Franch Residents: Threshold is at 150K Miles). How does this actually work? Does the threshold miles need to be reached within the same calendar year or what??, and then the remaining (whatever after the threshold miles) gets carried forward to the next year??? I am confused with this benefit they mentioned.
3rd Q: It says that Platinum Members gets access to "ALL SKYTEAM LOUNGES" while Gold Members gets access to "LOUNGES." Does "LOUNGES" mean AF/KLM Lounges only?

Please explain if any of you know....thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) AFAIK Yes
2) All EQM above 115K in a calendar year will count towards elite requalification for the next year. Thus, if you do 185K EQM in 2005, you will qualify for FB platinum in 2006 (because you did more than 70K in 2005) and for 2007 (because you did 70K above 115K in 2005).
3) All lounges for non-US Gold members. KL and AF lounges only for US Gold members
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NickB
1) AFAIK Yes
2) All EQM above 115K in a calendar year will count towards elite requalification for the next year. Thus, if you do 185K EQM in 2005, you will qualify for FB platinum in 2006 (because you did more than 70K in 2005) and for 2007 (because you did 70K above 115K in 2005).
3) All lounges for non-US Gold members. KL and AF lounges only for US Gold members
NickB, thanks so much for your explanation....

Last 2 questions,
1. What is AFAIK?
2. Is Non-US Gold Member considered Elite Plus or Elite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.