Frequence Plus / Flying Dutchman Merger

Old Nov 14, 04, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Frequence Plus / Flying Dutchman Merger

Does anyone have any inside info about the expected merged Program in 2005. Many questions arise and there is really very little being said about any changes.
A- FD currently has four levels of membership (up to Platinum) while FP has three (up to Rouge). Will the new program opt for three or four?? and what will be the threshold to reach each level. Shouldn't they be clear about this subject before the end of the year so each member can know where he stands vis-a-vis his total qualifying miles for 2004?
B- Any changes in the crediting of mileage. AF is now quite generous in crediting almost all booking classes especially for international flights.
They might opt to use a policy similar to many Star Alliance airlines which credit you according to booking class.
C- Any changes in the mileage required for award travel or upgrades?
D- Any new benefits added or conversely any benefits will be lost under the new scheme?
Old Nov 15, 04, 2:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
I'm eager to see the new product and its name. Nobody seems to have a hint, though ...
Old Nov 15, 04, 3:19 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Flying Frenchman ?
Old Nov 15, 04, 4:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Bronze, LH FQTV
...or Fréquence Dutch?
Old Nov 15, 04, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Or F******G Useless
Old Nov 16, 04, 7:31 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Or F******G Useless
I'm sure the United Kingdom offers many other options (even for going to Netherlands) than SkyTeam... I hear British Rail is quite nice...

As for name change, I would simply call it Lekker !
Old Nov 22, 04, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
I would be interested to know if flights taken this year on KL metal could generate status miles for Frequence Plus. I ask because I have to do a Nairobi trip, the miles for which would get me up to Rouge.
Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 22, 04, 10:34 am
Original Poster

If the KL flights were after KL joined Skyteam and you asked to have your FP account to be credited, then they should count. If not, I would be surprised if they would give you any credit. Best way is to check your account status on Airfrance.fr
Old Nov 23, 04, 11:49 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Also, what willl happen to the miles in each of the programs? Will they be merged as 1:1 or in some other complicated ratio? I have quite a number of miles with KL (where I am platinum) and no status and a few ten thousand miles with AF- will they let me take the miles to the combined program and will I have to spend them seperately?
Old Nov 24, 04, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Thanks, ALEXIS, they were after KL joined, and they have just appeared on my F+ statement
Old Nov 24, 04, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Glad you got your miles. Normally you don't have to wait for the statement to know whether your flights were credited. You can access this info 2-3 days after your flight by logging onto airfrance.fr and under Frequence Plus, go to Mon compte. You have to enter your FP number and a password which should be on one of your old mailed-in statements.
Old Nov 30, 04, 3:49 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
AF is not usually that generous but...

Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
A- FD currently has four levels of membership (up to Platinum) ...

Shouldn't they be clear about this subject before the end of the year ....

B- Any changes in the crediting of mileage. AF is now quite generous in crediting ....
C- Any changes in the mileage required for award travel or upgrades?

D- Any new benefits added or conversely any benefits will be lost under the new scheme?
I do not have any confidential information, and just expecting what might happen.

A/ I may imagine they will go to the usual 4 levels scheme, and add a free upgrade process that does not exist today on the paper.
IMO they will also suppress this stupid rule of having different thresholds for Elite level depending whether your are french (which is bad today) or not.

AA/ I do not see them clearing anything before any given date. My understading is they do not care. Contrary to the US market where FFP are a key issue, europeans care less, and anyway customers are given in Roissy by Skyteam to AF. So there is no issue there for AF to give informations quickly.
I am just hoping to be wrong

B/ They will probably complicate the chart, some cheap tickets (not that cheap as a matter of fact) do not give miles already, and all national flight do not give QM for french pax anyway today. They will complicate this a little more and probably introduce QM rules too.

C/ I do not expect so, except upgrading probably.

D/ probably maintening our status for one or two years when favorable after new programm is kicked of, but nothing more.

BTW I do not expect conversion better than 1:1 for both old programs into the new one. That also is just an expectation.
Anyway, the exsiting F+ and KLM ff-travellers do not have any other real choice then convert into the new programm..
Old Dec 18, 04, 5:56 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Ffp Af/klm

There will be 4 Levels of membership to be launch on June 2005 namely Ivory, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Thats all for now
Old Dec 18, 04, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jexelot
There will be 4 Levels of membership to be launch on June 2005 namely Ivory, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Thats all for now
you know the key question: WILL ALL FARES YIELD MILES??? Please tell us if you've got info!
Old Dec 18, 04, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

This assumes that Rouge will become Gold. Who then becomes Platinum, and what is the threshold? 80,000 qmiles?? If this were to be applied for miles earned in 2004, then would it not be like changing the rules after the game is over and still applying it to the game??
How would they reconcile the 4 levels with other Skyteam members who still go by the 3 levels (by the way, all other Skyteam members complain about Rouge with AF as being too easily attainable at 40k miles outside France)

To answer garaps, I think most fares will still yield miles. The "Booster de miles" program starts in 2005 and does not mention anything about change of rules to those who want to join the program, something I would assume they would have to tell those interested.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: