Frequence Plus / Flying Dutchman Merger

Old Dec 18, 04, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless I am missing something, KL is the dominant player. If so, we will play by the convenience of KL rules.

1. Will North American AF members be dumped to NW(can CAnada join KL?)

2. Will Elite+ be 50k miles instead of 40k?

3. What will be the mileage bonuses at each level? I think biz for a Rouge is 250%. I think for a KL plat is 325%. do I got it right?

4. Will NA be able to join FD?

5. Will NA members get lounge(elite+) access by qualification, or will it be purchase?

Last edited by slawecki; Dec 18, 04 at 4:05 pm
Old Dec 18, 04, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slawecki
Unless I am missing something, KL is the dominant player.
hum, no. AF 'bought' KL. AF is unambiguously the dominant player. They agreed to keep KLs distinct identity for at least a few years, but that is about it. After that, they can do just about anything they like with it.

Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
This assumes that Rouge will become Gold. Who then becomes Platinum, and what is the threshold? 80,000 qmiles?? If this were to be applied for miles earned in 2004, then would it not be like changing the rules after the game is over and still applying it to the game??
They could do it KL did it when they moved from a 3 to 4 tier system: put all top elite (Rouge) in the new top tier (Plat), Bleu into Gold, and some of those who are currently non elite but above a certain threshold into Silver.
25K, 50K and 75K tends to be the norm in a number of programs, including KL. Unlikely that they would go for higher thresholds (à la DL)
Old Dec 18, 04, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by slawecki
Unless I am missing something, KL is the dominant player. If so, we will play by the convenience of KL rules.
Old Dec 23, 04, 6:26 am

Programs: Flying Beurk Silver, BA Gold, BD Gold rememberer, A-club Platinum, Hilton Gold
This assumes that Rouge will become Gold. Who then becomes Platinum, and what is the threshold? 80,000 qmiles?? If this were to be applied for miles earned in 2004, then would it not be like changing the rules after the game is over and still applying it to the game??
It's unlikely they will start the new program on January 1st... If they wait for something like June, they could sort Rouge in Gold and Platinum based on their miles earned in the six first month. Just a wild guess.

How would they reconcile the 4 levels with other Skyteam members who still go by the 3 levels (by the way, all other Skyteam members complain about Rouge with AF as being too easily attainable at 40k miles outside France)
I feel that it won't last long, with KL members joining en masse. Maybe the two threshold will be applied to Europe/non-Europe members, maybe it will be dropped altogether.
Old Dec 23, 04, 7:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by jexelot
There will be 4 Levels of membership to be launch on June 2005 namely Ivory, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Thats all for now
Of course, I'm assuming this to be a bit of humour, right?
Old Feb 3, 05, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

It seems all we discussed on this subject of FD/FP merger never materialized. All remained as is in 2005.

By the way, it is now February I requalified for Rouge since July and until today, my new Rouge card still not received. I don't know if it is standard procedure or perhaps it is because my old red card expires in March. Would be interested to get feedback.
Old Feb 3, 05, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
It seems all we discussed on this subject of FD/FP merger never materialized. All remained as is in 2005.

By the way, it is now February I requalified for Rouge since July and until today, my new Rouge card still not received. I don't know if it is standard procedure or perhaps it is because my old red card expires in March. Would be interested to get feedback.
I would bet on it being because it doesn't expire until March.

I have heard, though I have nothing further to add, that there may be changes in May/June. However, it's speculation and it needs to be taken for what it's worth.
Old Feb 6, 05, 6:24 am

Programs: Air France
Merger for Spring

Originally Posted by dctorres
I would bet on it being because it doesn't expire until March.

I have heard, though I have nothing further to add, that there may be changes in May/June. However, it's speculation and it needs to be taken for what it's worth.
I called Fréquence Plus yesterday to have information on why mard rouge carde hadn't been issued. Answered that no card will be issued until march, and that the merger with FD would happen in march/april. Both connected, surely.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: