no miles for infants?

Old May 19, 04, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

no miles for infants?

I just tried to sign up my new born daughter to F+ but they do not accept any F+ members under the age of 12 yrs. So even if I buy a ticket for her she won't get any miles credited? Strange!
Old May 19, 04, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
try Delta

Originally Posted by Axelerator
I just tried to sign up my new born daughter to F+ but they do not accept any F+ members under the age of 12 yrs. So even if I buy a ticket for her she won't get any miles credited? Strange!
My four year old has a Delta SkyMiles account which we use to get credit for his AF flights, even though my wife and I use Frequence Plus. He made Silver Medallion in 2002, all on AF. I don't know if AeroMexico or Czech or any of the other SkyTeam airlines would be possible, but I know AF has had this rule in place for years.
Old May 20, 04, 4:10 am

Programs: Flying Dutchman/ KLM
With the KLM/ AF merger it will be possible to earn miles with the Flying Dutchman program from 1 June. Anybody over the age of two can be a FD member.

You will have to provide a European address to join FD though.
Old May 20, 04, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My son has had a DL account since he was about 3 weeks old. I can't believe that AF would have a stupid restriction like this. I can understand KLM's restriction as traditionally few Dutch people would be travelling with infants, and even less willing to pay more than 10% for a seat for one.
Old May 20, 04, 6:01 am

Frequence Jeune

There is a frequent flyer program for kids on AF: Frequence Jeune. But the kid has to be a resident of France and its dependencies or Morocco and Tunisia. Do you have an address in one of those countries? It is a more generous program than Frequence Plus (only 30 000 miles for a transatlantic free flight), although there are no perks such as lounge access or priority check in or upgrades or elite level ...

If your daughter will fly a lot before she is eighteen and has a chance to get double miles with another program, it is better to register her somewhere else, but if she only flies 4-5 times a year, Frequence Jeune is really good. Your kid can stay in Frequence Jeune until 25 or can switch to Frequence Plus after 12...

Last edited by af fp; May 20, 04 at 6:09 am Reason: Enhancing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: