New AF Website !

Old Nov 19, 03, 4:07 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AccorHotels finished, HH Gold, Melia Gold, SPG dead, Marriott given up, AF Frequence+ forever
New AF Website !

Is this the long awaited US website?
http://www.airfrance.us
TIP: when you sign-in for the first time, click on "sign-up"
Old Nov 19, 03, 4:20 am

Programs: AF FB Platinum (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz Five Star / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Site isn't working very well with my Mac (tried with Internet Explorer and Safari).

I can't even log one successfully.

Hmmmm.
Old Nov 19, 03, 5:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Indeed it is.... looks a bit better, but is slow over a fast network connection and IE 6.

The color scheme doesn't go well with the logo/sky backgroun. the AF colors collide with the blue color in the navigation bar.
Old Nov 19, 03, 8:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dctorres:
but is slow over a fast network connection</font>
In that respect, AF and KLM are PERFECT for one another!!
Old Nov 19, 03, 10:36 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blairvanhorn:
Site isn't working very well with my Mac (tried with Internet Explorer and Safari).

I can't even log one successfully.

Hmmmm.
</font>
I'm on Mac too (the new Panther OS). The site doesn't like Safari (Apple's browser), but it works with Netscape. So try Netscape.

Have not have tried it out very much, so I can't comment on the site yet. Seems to b a lttle show, but I'm on road on access via phone modem.
Old Nov 19, 03, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
The Frequence Plus section is MUCH better than the old we site. It clearly spells out all the benefits for Blue and Red card holders, and the online newsletter section is better organized than it used to be.

One minor problem, however: it lists qualifying miles needed for Blue/Red as 30,000/60,000 on my summary page, even though I'm based in North America. Hope this is a small glitch and not a change!
Old Nov 19, 03, 5:25 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, UA 1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eefor jfp:
[B[One minor problem, however: it lists qualifying miles needed for Blue/Red as 30,000/60,000 on my summary page, even though I'm based in North America. Hope this is a small glitch and not a change![/B]</font>
I just called frequence plus. They told me that it is a typo. It is still 40K for out of France residents.

Old Nov 20, 03, 12:41 am

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Yes, I am having problems with sign in with IE also on my Powerbook G4. Seems to be a java compatibility problem.

But you can try with Netscape 7.1 since it performs better than IE with Java. This works for me.
Old Nov 20, 03, 2:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
have to add the new address in bookmarks: the www.airfrance.com/us is no longer valid; just www.airfrance.us
Old Nov 21, 03, 8:11 pm

This new site simply does not work properly. If I try to go into services such as first class and then try to go into another area such as meals an error message: "session expired" pops up. It seems that it will take a lot of "tweeking" to get it right (just like terminal 2E at CDG!!)
Old Nov 22, 03, 11:43 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA (airline status-free leisure traveler), HH Diamond
I agree with other posters that the content is much improved, but many links currently wind up at a dead end. BTW, is there any way to tell what fare class you are booked in using their on-line booking functionality?
Old Dec 2, 03, 7:18 pm

I was on the website today and it worked on Netscape 7.1 without a flaw. Try upgrading your browser.
Old Dec 4, 03, 4:24 am

I can't sign up! Every time I put in my birthdate I get the mesage that my birthdate is not a valid date - gosh am I THAT old?
I tried with Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla and Netscape (always the latest version) and no luck!
I am a bit puzzled.
Old Dec 8, 03, 4:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The site really is a problem. I can't seem to do anything when I go on it, especially accessing my FP data.
Old Dec 8, 03, 5:22 pm

The new site does not appear to keep their sale fares up to date, as the old one did.

I can only find sale fares that expired on November 26!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: