Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage/Affinity Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2003, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Mileage/Affinity Card

With the recent changes announced by BA, I am cancelling my BA Visa Card. Does AF have a mileage/affinity card available to US residents and if so I would appreciate comments from current cardholders as to +/-. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Unfortunately, no. There's a choice of two American Express cards available for French residents and a MasterCard available for Swiss residents. But nothing for US members. As far as I know, even the AmEx Membership Rewards program won't let you transfer miles to Air France, only Delta. Maybe if enough people ask AmEx, they'll make something available.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 4:22 am
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
I don't know for US residents, but for French residents the AMEX Rewards program enables to transfer miles to AF Fréquence Plus. I have used this possibility already twice, without any difficulty.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Gold, UA Gold, Bonvoy LT PLT
You can get the starwood AMEX card. Star points transfer 1:1 to frequence plus, and if you transfer 20,000 points at once, you get a 5,000 point bonus.
Old Mar 19, 2003, 9:42 am

Programs: Fréquence Plus Rouge
I'd recommend opting for Diner's. They give you the option of converting points (2:1) to miles for a minimum 1,000 mile transfer.

http://www.citibank.com/dinersus/clu...s/pnts2mls.htm
Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:37 am

Anyone know if anything has changed in the past 3 months? I am Paris based, and my AF/AMEX annual fee is approaching quickly. Would LOVE to find a visa/MC which could get FP miles. Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:57 pm

I just got the AF AMEX gold. I am based in the US but maintain a French bank account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.