[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cshel
thanks for the reply, I was thinking more about the overhead bin space, my friend recently flew on SQ's a380 and said the overhead bins were a tad smaller on the window side vs the middle overhead bins.
ah sorry . Yes, they are slightly smaller but you'll be able to put your cabin suitcase in.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Folks,

Is the Arrivals lounge also available to passengers arriving on European flights? I'm FB Gold, but flying in eco and have a pretty long layover between two European flights in the morning. I figured it might be nice to try the arrivals lounge, instead of going directly to my departure terminal.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Roberts1987
Folks,

Is the Arrivals lounge also available to passengers arriving on European flights? I'm FB Gold, but flying in eco and have a pretty long layover between two European flights in the morning. I figured it might be nice to try the arrivals lounge, instead of going directly to my departure terminal.

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately no, it is only for passengers arriving on long-haul flights.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by arkangel

Originally Posted by Roberts1987
Hello,

I'll be flying ORD-AMS-CDG in business soon. Will I have acces to the Arrivals lounge in CDG, or is this strictly for CDG long-haul arrivals? The connection in AMS is too tight to grab a shower and breakfast in the Crown lounge, hence I was hoping to be able to get in Paris.

And in general, is there anything particulary interesting about this Arrivals lounge, or is it basically just showers and breakfast?
According to the AF website, flying Prem. Affaires within Europe will give you access to all AF & KLM lounges. So, yes, I believe you will be able to access the arrivals lounge at CDG 2C.

In addition to nice showers, and breakfast, clothes pressing is available, as is HD TV and free internet access. All in all, a nice place to get refreshed.
Will be arriving in Business from a JFK-LHR trip. If I don't have time to access the lounge at LHR, will I be allowed to access the Arrivals lounge at CDG?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Will be arriving in Business from a JFK-LHR trip. If I don't have time to access the lounge at LHR, will I be allowed to access the Arrivals lounge at CDG?
You can try, explaining your case to the lounge attendant and showing your BP of both flights.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Arriving and departing pax are segregated. To reach the lounge of 2E, you will need to clear immigration (as you are arriving from a Schengen country and going non-Schengen. Once you're there you cannot leave
Just want to post my experience.

Had an international flight CDG-YYZ and went through immigration already. I then had to get back to land side for personal reasons. I asked one of the security people, and was shown the way to go downstairs to arrival, went through arrival immigration/customs, and got out. 30 minutes later I came back through security check and departure immigration procedure.

No one asked why I needed to go back, not the security, not immigration.

This probably happens quite often in airports all over the world. People cancel their travel plans at the last minute, left something at the hotel, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold, A3 Gold
A question I'm guessing is suitable here. Will be traveling PEK->CDG->AMS on Air France Premium Voyageur, holding FB Gold. Will I able to access any of the departure lounges or will I only have access to the arrival lounges? How do these two lounges compare? Also where is the arrivals lounge located?
Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Jeff831
A question I'm guessing is suitable here. Will be traveling PEK->CDG->AMS on Air France Premium Voyageur, holding FB Gold. Will I able to access any of the departure lounges or will I only have access to the arrival lounges? How do these two lounges compare? Also where is the arrivals lounge located?
Thanks!
With AF/KL Gold, you can use the departures lounges in PEK and in CDG. The arrivals lounge has a slightly better breakfast and has far more and far better showers. On the other hand, you need to walk 10mn from your arrival terminal (2E) to the arrivals lounge in 2C. It is worth it, but it depends on the time you have available. You need to add 20mn to your connection.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:32 pm

Thanks, JOUY31! I have a 3-4 hour layover so that should be fine. Would the reason that I have departure lounge access be because that I am arriving on an international flight? So in other words I would not have lounge access if I was traveling domestic only right?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Originally Posted by Jeff831
Thanks!
With AF/KL Gold, you can use the departures lounges in PEK and in CDG. The arrivals lounge has a slightly better breakfast and has far more and far better showers. On the other hand, you need to walk 10mn from your arrival terminal (2E) to the arrivals lounge in 2C. It is worth it, but it depends on the time you have available. You need to add 20mn to your connection.
You can also take the airside bus that connect 2E with 2F and get off in 2C which will save you walking to the arrivals lounge.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ajs123
You can also take the airside bus that connect 2E with 2F and get off in 2C which will save you walking to the arrivals lounge.
Would this be the N1 line? as shown here Would this be landslide or airside? So i'm guessing the fastest route to get from 2E (international) to 2C (lounge) to 2F (schegen) would be walking or bussing (where)? Thanks for helping!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Nice Airport Premier Plat, Flying Blue Platinum (Skyteam E+), Le Club Accor Plat
AF has no plans to close or move the lounge 2E?
almost of all long-haul flights are now in the 2E
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickoSnow
AF has no plans to close or move the lounge 2E?
almost of all long-haul flights are now in the 2E
As previously discussed on this board, AF has plans to move the arrivals lounge closer to the centre of gravity of AF's operations at CDG but that is not for the immediate future.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
CDG Connection

ATL to CDG TO LIS
arrive AF 11:35 depart AF to Lisbon 12:35, 1 hr connection, what TERM will I arrive and depart from, thx, flying FC all the way.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by newfie
ATL to CDG TO LIS
arrive AF 11:35 depart AF to Lisbon 12:35, 1 hr connection, what TERM will I arrive and depart from, thx, flying FC all the way.
This thread is for the arrival lounge...
Anyway, this info should be in your booking info ???
You should arrive in 2E from ATL and leave from 2F to LIS.
By "FC", do you mean 1st class ? Are you sure you're not flying business class ?
I'm asking because I think P class is not available anymore to ATL (or won't be available anymore soon), and there is definitely not P class to LIS.
Flying J class, you have access to SkyPriority lanes. Don't loose time, your connection is very short.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.