[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Bringing back an old topic....

Is there a dedicated "Arrivals lounge" in 2F or not? On the AF website, it says that there is one in 2F, but on the "arrivals lounge" page, it says only 2C.

Which is correct?

Otherwise, I'd imagine I could use the showers in "Espace Premire" in 2F. Does that have the same toiletries offered in 2C.

Re: ATL -- Can a pax flying F on an AF ticket/coded flight use the B/E lounge on arrival?
Old Apr 27, 2003, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dctorres:
Bringing back an old topic....

Is there a dedicated "Arrivals lounge" in 2F or not? On the AF website, it says that there is one in 2F, but on the "arrivals lounge" page, it says only 2C.
</font>
I never heard about, nor did I ever see an AF arrivals lounge in 2F. There is definitely one in 2C. I do hope there will be one in 2E, after June 17th.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 2:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
I never heard about, nor did I ever see an AF arrivals lounge in 2F. There is definitely one in 2C. I do hope there will be one in 2E, after June 17th.</font>
Hmmm... I must have misread this link:
http://double6.airfrance.fr/double6/...s?OpenDocument

I suppose that the Espace Premiere lounge in 2F has the same things has the 2C Arrivals lounge (shower, breakfast, etc.).
Old May 1, 2003, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, MR Silver
Maybe its my inexperience internationally, but if I am flying BE on DL metal JFK - FRA, then Business on AF metal FRA - CDG all on a Delta Skymiles award (i.e. Delta ticket stock), can I use this lounge?

Is there a BE arrivals lounge in FRA? Will arriving at 7:45 a.m. on DL and leaving at 9:15 a.m. on AF allow time to use it?

Thanks, as always, for the great advice.
Old May 1, 2003, 11:53 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransCon1:
Maybe its my inexperience internationally, but if I am flying BE on DL metal JFK - FRA, then Business on AF metal FRA - CDG all on a Delta Skymiles award (i.e. Delta ticket stock), can I use this lounge? Is there a BE arrivals lounge in FRA?</font>
There is a CRC in FRA (terminal 2 by D8) but no B/E arrivals lounge (in any case you are in transit). There are showers in the CRC and you have enough time if your flight arrives on schedule. As for using the CDG AF arrivals lounge, probably not as it is for long-haul J, but sometimes AF makes a mistake.
BTW you are nuts to route this way, both FRA and CDG are notorious for delays so there is a good chance of being seriously inconvenienced, and any DL city with flights to FRA also has CDG service at the same time.
Updated to add that its DL that is nuts to force you to route this way instead of offering JFK-CDG award seats. Have to keep 30 of those B/E seats empty for last-minute gate sales, after all, never know when someone will show up with 30 of their closest friends and wants to buy J tickets to Paris.

[This message has been edited by number_6 (edited 05-01-2003).]
Old Dec 14, 2003, 9:12 am

AF arrival lounge in CDG 2E ?

I'll be flying to CDG in business for the holidays and I would love get to the AF arrival lounge to take a shower, etc... before continuing my journey (by car...).
How do we access that lounge ? Do I need to go through Immigration and Customs before ? Do I need to get my luggage before ? and where is exactly the arrival lounge ?
If someone could enlighten me that would be terrific
thx
Old Dec 14, 2003, 9:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aurelien75017:
I'll be flying to CDG in business for the holidays and I would love get to the AF arrival lounge to take a shower, etc... before continuing my journey (by car...).
How do we access that lounge ? Do I need to go through Immigration and Customs before ? Do I need to get my luggage before ? and where is exactly the arrival lounge ?
If someone could enlighten me that would be terrific
thx
</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum6/HTML/000305.html

Some answers :
- you have to clear immigration and customs
- you have to pick up your baggage
- the lounge is located in Terminal 2C
- the lounge opens at 6:00 AM and closes at 2:00 PM

If you arrive in Terminal 2E, just walk over to the TGV station and then to Terminal 2C. You will be able to store your baggage in the lounge.

Having a shower, having your clothes pressed and enjoying a light breakfast (no hot dish) should enable you to start the day pleasantly.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Just out of curiosity, how does the AF arrivals lounge in 2C compare to other hub arrivals lounges (BA, LH, JAL, SAS, etc.)? From what I've read, Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines seem to have the best lounges, but what about the rest of aviation world?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
AF Arrival Lounge in CDG

I am flying AF tommrow to FRA via. CDG. Is it worth making my reservation so I have an extra hour to visit the AF Arrivals lounge? If its not worth the extra time I figure the lounge in 2D will be ok and just go with my 1hour 5 min connection.

[This message has been edited by aa767flyer (edited Jan 08, 2004).]
Old Jan 8, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: Frquence Plus Rouge
If you're connecting to FRA from Charles de Gaulle you could get access to the Arrivals lounge in 2C but not the departure lounge in 2E as it is in the airside departures area of the terminal, so even if you arrive in 2E, you can get to the secure depature zone of 2E unless you are departing from 2E. Arrivals and departures are located on two different levels. All flights to FRA depart from 2D.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
My mistake was thinking 2D but typed 2E to many things going on in my head.But how is the arrivals lounge is it worth the visit?
Old Jan 8, 2004, 3:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, AAdvantage
yes I recommend you stop by the arrival lounge it's very nice and brand new as term 2E
Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:20 pm

If you want a great shower and a nice cold breakfast before your onward journey, then the 2C lounge is worth the visit. I usually try to time my arrivals to visit there (my wife loves the unisex green tea cologne in the shower ammenity kit). In fact, I'm routing through Chicago next week instead of SFO to get to visit (giving me a three hour layover instead of a one hour layover). Actually, with all the delays of late because of security, I'm thinking it would be prudent not to cut my connection to Zagreb so close. Remember, the lounge closes at 2:00, so the flight from LA misses it though the flight from SFO is OK.
Old May 25, 2004, 5:14 am

CDG Arrivals lounge closed until further notice

There is a sign on the door saying that because of recent events, the arrivals lounge is closed. Check-in staff in 2C and the staff at the 2B lounge did not know when it might reopen. I was also told that arriving passengers cannot access the shower facilities in 2C or 2F without a boarding pass for those terminals. So people transiting to a European flight are out of luck.
Old May 25, 2004, 9:29 am
In Memoriam

The good news from AF just keeps on comin'...

care to explain to me what one has to do with the other??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.