FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   AF web-site (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/23780-af-web-site.html)

Axelerator Mar 30, 2003 4:41 am

AF web-site

When going to AF's web-site most of the time I am getting a

Error 404
HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Entry not found in index

Lotus-Domino Release 5.0.9a

This has now been for several month. Do they never check their sites?
Very strange. When it comes to the www presence AF comes out last.

TGV Mar 30, 2003 5:58 pm

I have the same message quite often.

And I have not found any computer logic in this display : it appears with Netscape, Explorer or Opera, but if you try some time later with the same browser the web site works properly.

I agree they should do something for their web-site, and, at least, make some improvements from time to time !

Concerto Mar 31, 2003 3:03 am

Well, to be honest I find it one of the most horribly user-unfriendly airline sites I have ever used.

dctorres Mar 31, 2003 3:30 am

As I've stated in other posts, I wrote AF a long letter with particular attention to the horrible, horrible web site. I received a response indicating that they would be updating in 2003.

However, this is the most frequent complaint I hear from feelow AF passenger (with CDG transfers running a close second).

Perhaps if more people wrote to Air France USA about this....

ps: I would advise writing to AF USA because they will actually respond to written correspondance. I wish I could say the same for their Paris-based office.

blairvanhorn Apr 3, 2003 8:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Axelerator:
When going to AF's web-site most of the time I am getting a

Error 404
HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Entry not found in index

Lotus-Domino Release 5.0.9a

This has now been for several month. Do they never check their sites?
Very strange. When it comes to the www presence AF comes out last.
</font>
To work around this problem, which I also encounter frequently, I click on the "Site Map" or "Plan du Site" link (bottom of page) first and navigate from there - works much more smoothly.

HRGM Apr 3, 2003 10:06 am

I've hadthe same trouble with the AF website.

Two workarounds: I go straight to the US website.

Second, I also use the handy site map.

GrapeDane Apr 4, 2003 3:08 pm

I also have the same problem, and have told AF about it. We are Mac platorm since we believe it is a better sytem, but we have a lonely PC with Windows. I don't have a problem on the PC, so I don't know if it is related to the Mac computers?
I have also tried different web browser such as Explorer, Netscape and Safari (Apple's new and very good browser).

I have another interesting problem. If I wish to receive a price online or book a ticket, I can to do when I'm on my dsl line. But if I go over my modem, I don't have any problems. I don't know why that is happen?

dctorres Apr 7, 2003 2:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GrapeDane:

I have another interesting problem. If I wish to receive a price online or book a ticket, I can to do when I'm on my dsl line. But if I go over my modem, I don't have any problems. I don't know why that is happen?
</font>
That is indeed an odd problem. I have no problems doing that with an ADSL connection.