Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit for flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2002, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Credit for flights

How long does it normally take for flights to be credited to one's FP account? I have been having a devil of a time lately getting credit for flights. Even when I give my account number with the reservation and confirm it at check in, the flight doesn't show up in my account.

Is this just typical AF incompetence or are they holding something against me?
Old Aug 13, 2002, 2:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
The last time I took AF, it was credited within 3 working days.

However, it can often take up to 10 days (from experience).

Often, just to be safe, I fax them my boarding passes the day after.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response.

Do you have any experience trying to get credit when you have misplaced the boarding passes? I still have the ticket receipt (show ing my FP number!) and the baggage claim stubs that are stuck to the jacket. Is there any chance of getting credit? I guess it's worth trying anyway.

Old Aug 13, 2002, 2:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I have been always been successful, when flying AF, even on code-shares, such as OS metal, in having miles credited to my Frequence Plus account on the phone. (My only ASA flight took so much longer ...)

This does not mean that my Novotel or Mercure credits from June 2001 will ever make it into my account .
Old Aug 13, 2002, 3:02 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Louie_LI:

Do you have any experience trying to get credit when you have misplaced the boarding passes? I still have the ticket receipt (show ing my FP number!) and the baggage claim stubs that are stuck to the jacket. Is there any chance of getting credit? I guess it's worth trying anyway.

</font>
I don't think it can hurt. Just make sure the photocopies are legible and you keep the originals.

Old Aug 13, 2002, 8:37 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Last year, it took me between two weeks and six months to be credited on flight made on Delta, and between two days and sometimes more than a months for Air France flights.

I must admit that this year, all is perfect, credit from AF flight comes in three day on my skymiles card, and I suspect that it should be the same if I would have credited my frequence plus account.

Kepp them busy reading your letters, and if no boarding pass, just mention you were confident in their system, and mange like for US flights, not keeping them by you.
You should be credited, but it could take time.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 3:50 pm

Just fax them a copy of your boarding passes
and passenger receipt with the ticket
number (starting by 057 for AF) and your
account will be credited within 7 days.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 2:13 am
In Memoriam

This last trip has taken a little long than usual. The first leg of my "vol aller" from 10 days ago has already posted, but not the second leg. The return trip, four days later, has not posted yet either. I gave my FP card at all times.

Who knows, perhaps they are still on holiday...
Old Aug 23, 2002, 3:21 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Louie_LI:

</font>
Well, they insisted on having the boarding passes which, luckily, I found.

Taking your advice, I faxed the lot to them and got credited about three days later.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 2:31 am
In Memoriam

It's not been two weeks and three faxed copies of my receipt/boarding pass since my flight.

I'm not sure what the hold-up is, especially since my FP number was printed on the ticket and boarding pass.

Why does it take so long to credit a flight?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 3:49 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I always call Frequence Plus in Paris and, in the case of an AF operated flight, they usually do it while I am on the phone and the miles are credited on the next day, after 1:00 PM.

Old Aug 28, 2002, 5:10 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
I always call Frequence Plus in Paris and, in the case of an AF operated flight, they usually do it while I am on the phone and the miles are credited on the next day, after 1:00 PM.

</font>
Thanks, Jouy31, I will call this evening and try this approach.

Old Sep 5, 2002, 2:22 pm
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dctorres:
Thanks, Jouy31, I will call this evening and try this approach.

</font>
Just to update, I was told to fax (again) all my documentation. Does flying on Delta metal take longer to post?

I really haven't had this many problems getting credited (especially for paying a bloated August k-fare!).

This has been going on for 3 weeks and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 4:33 am

I just got off the phone with Frequence Plus, actually the dedicated Frequence Plus Rouge lines they route you to, when you dial in your account number. I just had to give the date of my missing flight. The person saw that my return flight from AJA to ORY had not been credited. She found out the PNR, credited the missing miles in a few seconds and told me that the miles would be show up on my account in the next 72 hours. Thanks, Frequence Plus

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited 10-30-2002).]
Old Oct 30, 2002, 4:53 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JOUY31:
I just got off the phone with Frequence Plus, actually the dedicated Frequence Plus Rouge lines they route you to, when you dial in your account number. I just had to give the date of my missing flight. The person saw that my return flight from AJA to ORY had not been credited. She found out the PNR, credited the missing miles in a few seconds and told me that the miles would be show up on my account in the next 72 hours. Thanks, Frequence Plus

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited 10-30-2002).]
</font>

I'm glad to hear this! My flight to London this past weekend was credited within 24 hours. Nice job!
Hopefully, the bonus should post soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.