Choosing C class between AF/DL/CO

Old May 5, 01, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
Choosing C class between AF/DL/CO

I'll be flying CDG-NYC in about a month on AF and was wondering if I should go for the AF business class or rather use the codeshare agreement to try CO's or DL's

I know that DL's seats must be the better ones with CO second and AF third (but this is from what I read, some of you will undoubtly disagree) but I'm also wondering which one will be the best in terms of food, entertainement, service, lounge etc...

BTW, for those of you who fly the route often,I just flew the route on AA in C and nothing could be worst that that!
Old May 5, 01, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, HH Gold, Melia Gold, SPG dead, Marriott given up, AF Frequence+ forever
My advice: try AF on a 777 (flights at 8:25a and 6:50p to JFK). New seats, new IFE, new individual lights, improved meals.
Depends on whether you want French or American service, newspapers, magazines, etc!
Old May 6, 01, 3:54 am

Oh let me assure you there is worse than AA in C - as you are about to discover

Nick
Old May 7, 01, 8:14 am

AF in C on an A340 is also very nice. Service was mediocre, but the new seat, IFE system, and great food made for a nice flight.

Old May 7, 01, 10:16 am

I can absolutely tell you that there is much worse than AF. I flew CO from PBI/EWR/CDG, and this was the worst flight I ever had.

I do agree that the AF groundcrew working the CO gates are horrendous, but I can promise you that the CO flight was 10X worse than AF has ever been for me.

Old May 8, 01, 3:15 am

I fly this route every month and have tried the three airlines. CO is the best in food; the seat is more or less the same as DL; CO and DL being better than AF even with their new recline seat (which they are about to change by 2003 anyway). Service on AF can be the very best, it all depends on your FA. You can the very worst or the very best. Once again, CO is definitely the best in food (or shall I say, the "less worst"), and I'm French, I 'm a real gourmet, I know what I'm talking about ) Also on AF if you get a middle seat on a 747 you'll die. on CO try to avoid row 8 - 10 on 777 because of the galleys being very close. Hope my point of view helps ! Bon voyage
Old May 8, 01, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Besides the obvious fact that AF seats and legroom suck... if you enjoy such EXOTIC cocktails such as Bacardi and Coke, both DL and CO have them.. AF doesn't.

Search this Thread