Lost ticket

Old May 7, 01, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Lost ticket

Hi everyone,

I have lost my ticket in Paris this sunday, and as it was a student fare it could be changed and was valid for one year. The USIT offices in Paris (USIT issues student tickets) were closed cause it was sunday so I went to the Air France offices in CDG and asked for a reissue, which they refused, claiming I had to buy a new ticket, which would be refunded in one year. They gave me a copy of the Lost Ticket Declaration, but now I don't know if I have to contact Air France here, or the travel agency or anything at all, to get the refund (whenever it comes).

If anyone knows how this works, please let me know. Thanks.

Pedro
Old May 7, 01, 4:09 pm

A ticket I booked many years ago got lost.
I had to contact the issuing travel agency.
The ticket were refounded one year later (excl. some fee).
Old May 7, 01, 4:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
These student tickets can most easily be replaced by USIT themselves.
And the fees will be substantially lower than at the airline.

Good luck!
Old May 8, 01, 1:39 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
Not sure it is to be pplied in your case:

I got an information from Skyteam, saying that a lost ticket could be reissued by anyone of tthe airlines of the alliance.

BUT my point is : is there not a difference between tickets emitted by airlines and by travel agencies.

BTW: for travel agencies, if you are not just one of the custoemrs that buy one ticket every ten years, you can probably call them and expalin, and ask them for a replacement ticket emitted in the airport of your choice. I did that one time two years ago. But, as you understand, it was a corporate ticket, and I am a good customer for them.

Old May 8, 01, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Hi again,

this ticket was a student ticket to which apply some special rules. Anyway, I too am a good costumer of this agency (I buy 5-6 trips per year from them), so they offered to take care of it for me. As they have messed up with some tickets recently and didn't offer any compensation for me, they're being extremely "docile" lately ;oP

Pedro

Search this Thread