Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Bonus Miles Offers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 1999, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Spring Bonus Miles Offers

Bonjour my little gallic loving friends, let me share with you what AF has in store for the period 1st April until 30th June:

TRANSATLANTIC FLIGHTS

Double Miles on all direct flights between Europe and the United States in l'Espace 127 on AF or Business Elite on Delta.

PARIS - SCANDINAVIA

Triple miles on flights from Paris to Scandinavia in any class of travel.

FRANCE - NORTH AFRICA

Double Miles between Paris and Agadir, Casablanca, Marrakech, Rabat, Sfaz or Tunis, when flying l'Espace Europe or Tempo Challenge classes.

FRENCH DOMESTIC

Double Miles, for all fares departing after 8.30pm.

PARIS - SWISSY

Double Miles to Geneva and Zurich in l'Espace Europe and Tempo Challange classes.

HERITAGE HOTELS (FORTE UK)

Double Miles until 31-May-99.

GOLDEN TULIP HOTELS

Double Miles in Asia hotels until 31-Aug-99.

SUMMIT HOTELS

Double Miles worldwide 01-Jun-99 to 31-Aug-99.
Double Miles in Asia hotels 01-04-99 to 31-05-99.

c'est finis.

----
Important Note: By posting these benefits the author is in no way endorsing or recommending the serivces of Air France or its partners.

This post is for information only, utilisation of these offers is done so at the readers own risk.
Old Apr 15, 1999, 5:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Well I have to fly AF in a month to Douala and I don't get any bonus for my troubles!
Old Apr 15, 1999, 6:34 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
je m'en fou pas mal des promotions de AF!
Old Apr 15, 1999, 10:51 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Rudi: Je vois que tu n'aime pas trop AF!! Ce n'est pas gentil ce que tu viens de dire :-)!

------------------
Old Apr 15, 1999, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Rudi: Consider youself told off. Of course you are right all the same

Nick
Old Apr 16, 1999, 7:25 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Thanks Merry!

I've now booked a Spring in Paris weekend. The TRIPLE miles offer for Scandinavia applies for flights originating in Scandinavia as well as for those originating in France.

I've dusted off my Frequence Plus card in order to use it for the triple miles! I also expect to get 4000 miles bonus according to a letter AF sent me which offered this if I took any AF flight before the end of July.

All in all, one round trip Stockholm-Paris in economy should earn me around 10000 miles which is not bad for a 2.5 hour flight.
Old Apr 16, 1999, 8:30 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
mes excuses - pas mal comme Austman profite de cette promption.
Old Apr 16, 1999, 9:37 am

I hope so! (err my knowledge of French is zero so I hope that was a proper comment!)
Old Apr 18, 1999, 2:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Never mind the triple points. Let's just hope AF doesn't strike on the day of your departure.

Everytime I opt to take an AF flight between LHR and CDG, something inadvertly happens. I'm avoiding them on shorthaul travel these days. Not that I fly them on longhaul either.
Old May 19, 1999, 3:44 am

Well no strike and (so far) no points in my account yet!

Actually I quite liked Air France. I was in economy, yet they served quite decent meals with very nice (if a bit slow) service. Pleasant and polite staff. They divide the cabin into 3 sections - L'Espace (business with the guaranteed free middle seat), Tempo (economy) down the back and the strange Tempo Challenge in the middle. Tempo Challenge is supposed to get better meals but they were identical on my flights of a bit over 2 hours each. There are curtain dividers between each class - a full curtain to close off business class and 'side' curtains only to separate tempo and it's challenging neighbour. On a small 737 it starts to look like curtains everywhere! Meals were pretty good for a 2 hour flight. Each meal had a starter, a hot dish and a small dessert. Cheese and bread. They did not come by with drinks before the meal, pity. There was a delay leaving Stockholm of about 20 minutes so they served refreshments in each class - a nice touch for such a short delay.

I'll be taking Air France again next week (to get some more triple points). I hope there's no strike then too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.