Wiki Posts
Search

Business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 1999, 6:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Business class seats

Does anyone know about AF business class seats? I recently had a seat on a 747 JFK to CDG, and the foot rest consisted of a thin metal bar! The lounge in the new JFK terminal was great, the food quite good- but that seat! Do other AF aircraft (767) or even other 747's offer more comfortable seats? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Mar 25, 1999, 10:39 am
Loc

Air France have three levels of seating above Coach Class.
Alize: Inclination 122 °
L'espace 127 : Inclination 124 °
L'espace 180 : Inclination 180 °

L'espace 180 has the widest seat and more leg room than l'espace 127 which in turn is wider than class Alize. From your description of the seat it sounds that you were sitting in the Alize Class in the upper deck. The Airbus 340 been a more modern fleet have seats are better maintained then the 747.

I hope this may answer your questions
Old Mar 25, 1999, 11:14 am

I hate to do this, mainly because I hate to admit I have flown AirFrance, but....

Loc: Alize is only offered on a limited number of resort routes to the Carribean and Indian Ocean.

For non-European and North African flights the service levels are:

- l'Espace 180 (First)
- l'Espace 127 (Business)
- Tempo (Economy)

For European and North African flights:

- l'Espace Europe (Business)
- Tempo Challenge (Economy + 50% extra FF miles; Lounge access; Flexible check-in)
- Tempo (Economy)

For Carribean/Indian Ocean:

- l'Espace le Club (Business)
- Alize (Economy + 50% extra FF miles; minor service improvements)
- Tempo (Economy)

Doug: If you are still talking to us The seats on AF are generally poor, infact the only redeeming feature about AF is the Wine and Cheese.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.