AF change from 350 to 777 ATL - CDG route

Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:34 pm

The 455pm flight is still a 789
Old Nov 16, 2023, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by pfreet

First ever Air France metal after many Delta TATLs. What should I expect?
In coach it will be similar to what you experience with other legacy airlines on TATL routes. However, Air France usually features a well-produced and somewhat entertaining security video. 🤪
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
The leg rest in J on the 777 is bigger than the one on the 350, and I personally find it easier to sleep on the 777 than on the 350 or 787.

Of course, it will be a big downgrade if in Y and especially in W.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW
In coach it will be similar to what you experience with other legacy airlines on TATL routes. However, Air France usually features a well-produced and somewhat entertaining security video. 🤪
Well, certainly looking forward to that :-)
Old Nov 16, 2023, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Atllarry
theyíve been running the a350 for months. They change it to a 777-200 after December 4 and going forward. So they downgraded the equipment on the rout going forward. Itís not an operational issue change.
Swapping in an airplane with greater capacity is considered an UPgauge.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog
Swapping in an airplane with greater capacity is considered an UPgauge.
Maybe, but assuming the info at http://planespotters.net/airline/Air-France is accurate, most of AF's 777-200s have fewer J and Y seats than AF's standard (older) A350-900 configuration (although, some of the 772s do have bigger Premium Economy cabins and 2 extra Y seats)
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:25 am

Programs: FB Gold
It's not a downgrade in the sense you can claim for compensation or a change in ticket. When you buy a J ticket, you are guaranteed a seat in the J cabine. What product, density, layout, appareil, etc.... is not guaranteed and a change is always within bounds of the ticket you bought. Heck, there are times where people paid for a J ticket and get put on a NEV4 product at the last minute for far longer flights to Asia than TATL flights.

Perhaps the US airlines like Delta have 100% consistency and predictability on all its planes and J products. AF doesn't.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Well, certainly looking forward to that :-)
I find myself humming a cue from the current (at least as of September) one every so often.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:14 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Starting the end March they will be flying either 2 or 3 350s each day. It also appears that there will be a 6th direct flight(DL) on Sunday(one day a week) starting at the same time.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: FB Gold
I'm taking this flight on Feb 18 in coach. Currently a 777-200. The dreaded 10-across. 19J with the extra legroom will hopefully make it bearable.

First ever Air France metal after many Delta TATLs. What should I expect?
Not much, keep your expectations low. The 772s are among the oldest in the AF long haul fleet, and the 10 across is, well, 10 across. Less confortable than the 8-across that Delta runs on their A330s in Y. Expect the trolley to give your seat a love tap a few times

As mentioned, at least the vidťo of the safety briefing is entertaining.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by mlin32

Perhaps the US airlines like Delta have 100% consistency and predictability on all its planes and J products. AF doesn't.
I fly AF regularly and I havenít seen a NEV4 in many years. At least on TATL, they have been pretty much phased out. My issue with Delta is Delta One vs Delta One Suite. Huge difference in the hard product (in my opinion) and very inconsistent routes. Every so often I have to call Delta because my flight was the victim of a last minute equipment swap and I end up on an A330. Although they donít have to, they have accommodated my request every time so far.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 10:33 am
Original Poster

I have an AF award ticket for the upcoming travel from Atl to Cdg. How can I apply my delta status to get skyteam elite + benefits? Iím flying in PE.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Atllarry
I have an AF award ticket for the upcoming travel from Atl to Cdg. How can I apply my delta status to get skyteam elite + benefits? Iím flying in PE.
you already asked the same question in another threadÖ
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
On December 4th that A359 goes to the CDG-ORD rotation (AF136/137) that until then is operated by a 772...so AF is switching planes between these two rotations.

Greetings - Dirk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.