DGAC imposed flight reduction at CDG/ORY

Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
DGAC imposed flight reduction at CDG/ORY

I just got this email from Air France:

Strangely, the flight in question is still showing up but with all availability zeroed out. Also, no one at AF seemed to be able to find this information when I spoke to them and as such couldn't help me get my ticket adjusted. Does anyone have any information about this supposed flight reduction imposed by DGAF at CDG/ORY?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Had the same email. I think it will take a while for the cancellations and rebookings to filter through. I suspect my particular journey will see me rerouted on KL via AMS, but I'll wait and see what they propose before trying to fix it!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
Had the same email. I think it will take a while for the cancellations and rebookings to filter through. I suspect my particular journey will see me rerouted on KL via AMS, but I'll wait and see what they propose before trying to fix it!
The cancellations now showed up in the booking. Already rebooked to my preferred flights, though that did need a bit of manual intervention.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:37 am

Also got this. Have a booking IST>CDG>US East Coast. The IST>CDG leg is cancelled (doesn't show on my reservation but flight is zeroed out). Going to be an interesting fix for them. I am flying out on Thursday. Wednesday has the flight scheduled then nothing until Sunday. KLM doesn't look like a great alternative as their one flight appears very late in day so likely an overnight in AMS (there are worse issues). It will be interesting to see what they come up with. It is on FB points.

Edit: Actually correction I guess Friday wasn't zeroed out but just fully booked. They moved my departure a day later which is ok by me.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Oct 17, 2023 at 11:42 am
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Also got this. Have a booking IST>CDG>US East Coast. The IST>CDG leg is cancelled (doesn't show on my reservation but flight is zeroed out). Going to be an interesting fix for them. I am flying out on Thursday. Wednesday has the flight scheduled then nothing until Sunday. KLM doesn't look like a great alternative as their one flight appears very late in day so likely an overnight in AMS (there are worse issues). It will be interesting to see what they come up with. It is on FB points.

Edit: Actually correction I guess Friday wasn't zeroed out but just fully booked. They moved my departure a day later which is ok by me.
In my case, I preferred to add two connections (AMS and CDG) to be able to keep my original long haul. So perhaps an IST->AMS->CDG->US would work for you?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
In my case, I preferred to add two connections (AMS and CDG) to be able to keep my original long haul. So perhaps an IST->AMS->CDG->US would work for you?
You can just about make the last CDG flight connecting from the single daily KLM, but by the time you are in CDG, all the transats are long gone.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
I updated my post they actually moved us to Friday. It appears the IST-CDG flight is running that day though it is zeroed out. I actually originally wanted to fly on Friday but the points cost was like 3-4x higher than Thursday. So for me this is a win.
sehgalanuj and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
Anyone know what date ranges have been affected by this reduction of flights to from CDG?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacobus
Anyone know what date ranges have been affected by this reduction of flights to from CDG?
As per the email I got, Jan 8th to Feb 15th. But I imagine not all flights are affected, and things might still evolve.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:58 pm

Le Monde is reporting that Air France is leaving Orly entirely and that the move will be announced tomorrow. I do wonder if winter schedules have been affected at one or both airports.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
Originally Posted by Mjh156
Le Monde is reporting that Air France is leaving Orly entirely and that the move will be announced tomorrow. I do wonder if winter schedules have been affected at one or both airports.
I hope not. I have a flight soon this december to CDG
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:02 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by jacobus
I hope not. I have a flight soon this december to CDG
The post you replied to is about ORY not CDG so what are you worried about?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:18 am

Received notification of a flight cancellation and proposed change. I can't access "manage my booking" when trying to confirm the changes - the form doesn't finish loading on both app and website. Should I be worried, or is the system just busy due to the number of affected bookings?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
The post you replied to is about ORY not CDG so what are you worried about?
Unrelated to DGAC limitations, but if AF moves flights wholesale from ORY to CDG there will have to be cuts due to capacity limits at CDG.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
One of my feeders during those days got cancelled and rebooked automatically.
They also rebooked my preferred seat.
All done before I even got the email about the change, saw it on the app yesterday and got the email today.
Solid Pax XP in this case (not taking into account the longer forced layover)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.