Train at CDG?

Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:55 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Posts: 236
Train at CDG?

Did a search, but only have found that it takes one to two hours to collect luggage and clear customs.

Arriving AF early afternoon from JFK. I'll be booking a direct train from CDG to Bordeaux (assume it goes thru Paris). Where do we catch this train? How long will the walk take after clearing customs?

Thanks in advance,
greenwichgolf is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2023, 11:43 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CMN,DXB,CDG
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 767
Hey there!

You catch the train at CDG between terminal 2E/2F and 2C/2D. The signs are pretty straight forward. The trains will not go through Paris as Paris being the center of the world France, trains only arrive or leave from Paris, but do not do through (unless you’re connecting). So you’ll have stops, but not in Paris, rather in the suburbs. But you’ll find plenty of options where you don’t have to take a connecting train and will stay in the same train from CDG all the way to Bordeaux.

Once you clear custom, it’s a 5 to 10 minutes walk, and moving walkways are available.
greenwichgolf and FabCW like this.
offvoice is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:04 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by offvoice
Hey there!

You catch the train at CDG between terminal 2E/2F and 2C/2D. The signs are pretty straight forward.

Once you clear custom, its a 5 to 10 minutes walk, and moving walkways are available.
Arrival from JFK on AF will probably be 2E, well indicated indeed, follow Sheraton if you get lost, take the escalator down to the railway station in front of the Sheraton.

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map
greenwichgolf likes this.
patvd is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:04 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,188
Otherwise, just book JFK-CDG-BOD, it will simplify your life.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:14 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Posts: 2,018
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Otherwise, just book JFK-CDG-BOD, it will simplify your life.
Indeed, it's the easiest way to do it and will likely not increase (or marginally increase) the cost of your JFK-CDG.
olivedel is offline  
Old Aug 28, 2023, 10:47 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 3,766
Originally Posted by greenwichgolf
Did a search, but only have found that it takes one to two hours to collect luggage and clear customs.

Arriving AF early afternoon from JFK. I'll be booking a direct train from CDG to Bordeaux (assume it goes thru Paris). Where do we catch this train? How long will the walk take after clearing customs?

Thanks in advance,
Customs is non-event, they just do spot checks. Immigration/Passport control is what takes time.
BigFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.