Anyone here ever flew AF1381 (LHR-CDG)?

Old Aug 4, 2023, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here ever flew AF1381 (LHR-CDG)?

This is a very early flight and I have never flown so early out of LHR before. I'm sort of against taking the flight due to the time. I feel like I might be better off paying $50 more and flying with DL westbound.

Let's say I do take this flight. Then I won't book a hotel since I can't justify the cost in this situation. What time does the AF counter open? 3:20 AM? Is there anything to do at LHR at this time? Will I be able to use any lounges before the flight?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by lsquare
This is a very early flight and I have never flown so early out of LHR before. I'm sort of against taking the flight due to the time. I feel like I might be better off paying $50 more and flying with DL westbound.

Let's say I do take this flight. Then I won't book a hotel since I can't justify the cost in this situation. What time does the AF counter open? 3:20 AM? Is there anything to do at LHR at this time? Will I be able to use any lounges before the flight?
Check-in opens bewteen 3:00 am and 3:20 am. Probably not much open except a few restaurants and duty free as the Plaza Premium lounge looks like it opens at 5:30 am. I guess you could grab a quick bite before boarding.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by physicsdude
Check-in opens bewteen 3:00 am and 3:20 am. Probably not much open except a few restaurants and duty free as the Plaza Premium lounge looks like it opens at 5:30 am. I guess you could grab a quick bite before boarding.
Mod, why did my thread get moved?

Have you flown AF this early? Which restaurants are opened that early?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Mod, why did my thread get moved?
I'm not the moderator, but I can tell you why your thread got moved : you posted in the "main FB-AFKL" forum, while your question is AF-specific so your thread was moved to the AF sub-forum where it should have been posted.

Rules are explained in a sticky thread in the main FB forum:
Rules for posting of threads within the forum and its sub-forums
lsquare, physicsdude and JOUY31 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I'm not the moderator, but I can tell you why your thread got moved : you posted in the "main FB-AFKL" forum, while your question is AF-specific so your thread was moved to the AF sub-forum where it should have been posted.

Rules are explained in a sticky thread in the main FB forum:
Rules for posting of threads within the forum and its sub-forums
Oh...I thought it was in the FB forum since AF now utilizes that program with KL.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 4:50 am

T4 Security opens at 04.30. Both Costa and Cafe Nero landside are open 24/7. Airside Costa is 24/7 and Pret opens around 05.00. Airside retail shops open from around 05.00 onwards with restaurants and bars 05.30 to 06.00.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oh...I thought it was in the FB forum since AF now utilizes that program with KL.
The FB forum is for issues pertaining to the commonly-held programme, or general AFKL issues.

Your query relates to a specific AF departure, and thus properly belongs in the AF forum.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Uxbridgeman
T4 Security opens at 04.30. Both Costa and Cafe Nero landside are open 24/7. Airside Costa is 24/7 and Pret opens around 05.00. Airside retail shops open from around 05.00 onwards with restaurants and bars 05.30 to 06.00.
Thanks, bro. Are there any places to charge my phone at T4 landside?

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The FB forum is for issues pertaining to the commonly-held programme, or general AFKL issues.

Your query relates to a specific AF departure, and thus properly belongs in the AF forum.
​​​​​​​Thanks for the clarification.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.