AF and CDG first timer questions

Old Jul 21, 2023, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
AF and CDG first timer questions

We're flying AF for the first time and want to know what to expect when connecting in CDG (also for the first time). We are flying SFO-CDG-HAJ in J. Our layover is 1 hr 40 min. I assume we will have to clear immigration and security to enter the Schengen zone. Are there any priority lanes for J pax that we should keep an eye out for? Any suggestions on lounges, assuming we have time? Any other advice?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio...-paris-cdg-ory
on.the.bowery likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:26 pm

Hello, welcome to CDG,

There is a sticky for infos about this, right here.

You might wonder why Paris vous aime so much. You might wonder if Paris vous aime at all. But it will be fine.

Look out for any red SkyPriority indications during your entire trip and at CDG, look out for Accs N•1 purple signs and lines.

AF85 arrives at Terminal 2E, hall K, L or M. AF1638 (based on your conex time) should depart terminal 2G.

Going from any 2E gates to 2G gates comfortably requires 40 to 55 minutes (according to Air France), but could be shorter.

On arrival, follow the yellow signs towards 2G .

Go up and down a bunch of escalators, say hi to the french police (or the PARAFE automated immigration) and all routes will lead you to terminal 2F, from which you’ll go down an escalator, where you’ll find the shuttle-bus that will drive you to terminal 2G.

At terminal 2G, there’s only one AF lounge. It’s good.

Real connecting time and pax traffic is hard to predict. On a normal day, 4 flights arrive at terminal 2E in the hour before AF85 and 15 in the hour after. So if you land earlier or on time (which AF85 usually does), you should be fine. Otherwise, remember that Paris vous aime.
Fabo.sk, mangoMan, ATLCDG and 2 others like this.

Last edited by on.the.bowery; Jul 21, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Old Jul 22, 2023, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, all! Lots of useful info. I read that coming from USA I won't have to clear security, but I think I read elsewhere that this is not always the case. I looked at the layout of CDG from one of the links; too bad there is no direct airside shuttle from 2E to 2G, but I guess it's because all the immigration stuff is in 2F, which appears to be the center.

Looks like we'll get a bit of walking in, but we are fairly quick walkers and won't mind the exercise
Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
You are correct, some US flights are able to use a secure channel. It's not quite clear, at least to me, what the logic is. In part it has to do with what part of the terminal flight arrives to.

There used to be a shuttle from 2E to 2G, however due to personell issues, the passport control in 2G has been closed. So you have to transfer to 2F first.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 3:23 pm

In May, we arrived on AF 153 and connected from 2E to 2G (business class). We did go through security as well as passport control, but it was quick. The shuttle bus was waiting when we arrived.

We had a 4 hour layover(!) so I don't remember how long the whole process took, but it was definitely under an hour. The 2G lounge is fairly nice if you have the time.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to report back that are transfer at CDG was a breeze. Thanks to the advice here I knew what signs to look for and what to generally expect. Our flight from SFO got in a bit early (arrived at M concourse) and there were literally no lines at security or passport control. We made it to 2G in about 40 minutes or so.
Goldorak, miles4CDG, HiBob and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.