Late night ULH departure - what to expect

Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Late night ULH departure - what to expect

Hello FT friends, I am booked on AF293 (HND - CDG) which is now 15 hrs long since it takes the arctic route and leave around midnight. Luckily, I’m in business but just wondering how the service will be handled since it leaves so late. Are they still planning to serve dinner (which would be probable start 60-90 mins after departure, so almost 2 am). Do they also have another full hot meal meal besides breakfast? or some hot snacks mid flight (not the crackers and chocolates in the galley). On a flight like this, it would be ideal to have dine in demand, but I know AF doesn’t do that. If they do the full meal at departure, I’ll likely skip or just do the express option since I hope to dine in the lounge in the evening

On a recent 6 hr flight on ANA, also leaving around midnight, the crew offered the choice of a very light snack upon departure and the main meal was the breakfast. This allowed them to quickly turn down the lights so everyone could get some sleep right away. This was the best red eye flight I ever took despite the relatively short flight..

I’m really curious as to how AF handles such ultra long haul flight on such late departures.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The flight is handled exactly the same way as before covid : dinner after take-off, breakfast before landing. In between : snacks in the galley.
If you want to sleep right away, just have dinner at the lounge and skip the dinner service.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The flight is handled exactly the same way as before covid : dinner after take-off, breakfast before landing. In between : snacks in the galley.
If you want to sleep right away, just have dinner at the lounge and skip the dinner service.
Assume that in P class one can go straight to sleep, have dinner mid-flight and then a light breakfast shortly before landing?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by burg_rtw
Assume that in P class one can go straight to sleep, have dinner mid-flight and then a light breakfast shortly before landing?
Yes. P dining is on-demand.
newflyer27, orbitmic and burg_rtw like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
On night departure flights you always have the option for express dinner, where they will bring you a single serivce with all your courses on it.

I've never tried it so can't comment, since I usually want to enjoy my dinner.

Then if you're in for 15hrs you might as well take it slowly ^^
feederflight likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.