AF CDG transit process

Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:55 am
Original Poster

AF CDG transit process

Transiting AF DFW CDG TLV 1hr 10 min layover. What terminal do I arrive at - looks like 2E is departure. Since I'm not going to EU I assume I don't need passport control and bags checked through but what about security, do I need to go through it again? Any big issues with baggage connections?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You will arrive and depart from 2E, but there are 3 concourses in 2E so you may have to change concourse using an automatic train. No passport control as you don't enter Schengen. In theory, no more security arriving from the US but expect some security questions at the gate for Israel flights. Bags will be checked through.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

thanks

thanks
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
You will arrive and depart from 2E, but there are 3 concourses in 2E so you may have to change concourse using an automatic train. No passport control as you don't enter Schengen. In theory, no more security arriving from the US but expect some security questions at the gate for Israel flights. Bags will be checked through.
Hi Goldorak! From personal curiosity -- how can you take the train between halls K, L and M and also avoid security? (Back in September I previously connected from US to Romania at CDG without security, but I'm pretty sure I landed in the same hall that I departed from, so I didn't need to take the train.)

From my experience originating in Paris each hall has its own security checkpoint, after you get off the train (i.e. the sequence is check in at 2E > passport control > take tram > security > walk to gate) so I'm wondering how it's setup to change between halls at 2E without security. Thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by andrewesque
Hi Goldorak! From personal curiosity -- how can you take the train between halls K, L and M and also avoid security? (Back in September I previously connected from US to Romania at CDG without security, but I'm pretty sure I landed in the same hall that I departed from, so I didn't need to take the train.)

From my experience originating in Paris each hall has its own security checkpoint, after you get off the train (i.e. the sequence is check in at 2E > passport control > take tram > security > walk to gate) so I'm wondering how it's setup to change between halls at 2E without security. Thank you!
you are totally correct : if you take the train, it means going through security. I have no personal experience of such sterile connections in CDG since they recently changed the setup. It will likely involve a bus transfer, just my 2c. Maybe some other posters who have made such connections can explain here.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:17 am

The other day arriving at 2E-L from DUB, there was security for all onward connections, even to go back into the L gates. I had a long layover, so I wanted to go to the 2E-L lounge, but they wouldn't let me through that way. So I went to the other security line upstairs (supposedly for 2F, 2G) which also just brings you into the L gates, and you can stay there for as long as you want before heading to passport control.

There is a sign for the 2E-L lounge right after this security check, so I ended up going there after all, and the machine let me in even though it said I should really go to 2G instead.
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.