Selecting child seats in Business class

Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:07 am

I confirm that the reason is safety on board. However, it all depends on the crew.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mama974
I confirm that the reason is safety on board. However, it all depends on the crew.
What's the safety explanation though? Because if I'm sitting across the aisle from my kid there's no safety different which side we are each on. The only difference is whether or not my kids is sitting next to someone else,, which can certainly happen easily in coach.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:08 am

The only thing I know is that on their touch pad, the hostesses have the list of seats where the children can sit. the reason given is a security issue

However, during a flight in PE, the crew didn't want my 2 children to be on the 2 seats on the window side (and me in the central row).
But they don't mind when they travel in UM. I agree that the safety argument is surprising
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:32 pm

I am experiencing the same nonsense now. Two adults and three kids travelling. Booked the 3 kids in two C and one A seat and the adults in D. They moved the kid from A to an H seat. No notification, nothing. Then after a ton of back and forth on the phone and WhatsApp, explaining that you can't stick a 5 year old kid on the other aisle by herself, which should be obvious even to a mental midget, they finally explained they can't put a kid in a window seat. Well explained would be a bad description since they gave no reasoning why only that it is a restriction. Now why wouldn't the airline do the logical thing and just switch the kid and one of the adults rather than tetris the entire business class cabin is beyond me, as well. The level of stupidity that pervades this airline is terrifying considering they now are charged with flying us safely half way around the world but can't figure out that switching two already booked seats makes more sense than having a 5 year old girl sit by herself on the other side of the plane.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
It may have something to do with accessibility to oxygen mask(s) during a depressurization event. I seem to recall hearing something similar to that when someone had a child seating issue.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:29 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I have just faced the seat selection in J on an A350-900. Had to select window seats for the children, was not allowed to select any middle seats :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.