Wiki Posts
Search

Possible strike Dec 22 - Jan 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Possible strike Dec 22 - Jan 2

According to news outlets two unions threaten AF with strike action during the holidays: Les Echos. Having booked a trip ZRH to ICN on AF in Business (Flying Blue reward), I'm not amused…
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by KL803
According to news outlets two unions threaten AF with strike action during the holidays: Les Echos. Having booked a trip ZRH to ICN on AF in Business (Flying Blue reward), I'm not amused…
shoud this strike occurs, and should your flight be impacted, you’ll be rebooked on ST partners notably KL and KE
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
I booked one set AF flights through CDG to minimize AMS transfers during the holidays. We will all need to monitor our flights, and connections, very close this season. Good luck to all.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
While this is in French only, here’s a site I discovered recently that tracks upcoming strike notices across France. Air France’s strike isn’t listed there yet, but it’s a good site to bookmark and monitor whenever you plan a trip to or via France

www.cestlagreve.fr
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bullspread
shoud this strike occurs, and should your flight be impacted, you’ll be rebooked on ST partners notably KL and KE
Yes of course I count on them, there are quite a few options actually. And I left a long layover (10h50m) between my ZRH-ICN and ICN-MNL flights. So, wait and see how it unfolds, still 5 weeks to go.

wysiwyg Thanks for the link, the strike is now listed as "prochain" meaning: upcoming.

Last edited by KL803; Nov 17, 2022 at 10:57 am Reason: addtl info
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I would say oh darn it but I'll be fine going out to Japan on 15th but coming home on 31st could be impacted. Always happy to extend time in Japan 😜
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
While this is in French only, here’s a site I discovered recently that tracks upcoming strike notices across France. Air France’s strike isn’t listed there yet, but it’s a good site to bookmark and monitor whenever you plan a trip to or via France

www.cestlagreve.fr

AF strike is now listed :

AF strike from Dec 22 to Jan 2

The airline should inform passengers whose flight is impacted by the strike individually.
You will also be able to check your flight status a few days before the strike on AF web site.

Fred
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
What's an AF strike look like nowadays? Does that mean major delays with cancellations or do they totally shut it down?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What's an AF strike look like nowadays? Does that mean major delays with cancellations or do they totally shut it down?
First, let's hope a collective agreement is reached before the 22nd déc.

The impact will be published and known 24h before the strike occurs. Given that you need flight attendants to operate flights (for reasons of sécurité), priority will be given to long-haul/intercontinental flights.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
First, let's hope a collective agreement is reached before the 22nd déc.

The impact will be published and known 24h before the strike occurs. Given that you need flight attendants to operate flights (for reasons of sécurité), priority will be given to long-haul/intercontinental flights.
We're booked in biz class on a DL codeshare for Air France from YYZ-CDG 29 Dec - 2 Jan. Worst case scenario, would we be protected/rebooked on Delta metal or KLM...or how would that work? Thank you, in advance, for your insight.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
I wonder if this is the rationale for early January flights being a bit oddly cancelled/reshuffled recently. I have e.g. a 03 Jan (so theoretically after the strike period) VCE-CDG-SFO that had the first leg cancelled without any accommodation. Luckily, I book through DL for N.Am. flights so will be eventually rerouted, but it is odd that all but the 0600 morning flights are cancelled ex-VCE for that week.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:14 am

Any further updates on this?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:29 pm

Wondering how this will work - we have a long haul on the 22nd. Will they just let people know on the 21st if their particular flights are affected? Guessing the opportunity for replacement flights will be limited at such short notice at this time of year…
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:36 pm

Standard procedure is that AF will notify affected passengers 24h before their flight. All but certain that a commercial gesture would be provided for all passengers (modify flight to another date at no charge).

At the moment, no deal seems to have been reached yet. It's a rough time in Europe this fall/winter, strikes are frequent and not just in France, due to the exorbitant increase in living costs. Was lucky to have gotten my TGV trip to/from Paris last weekend, when only 1 of 3 TGV trains or even 1 of 4 trains were running on certain lignes.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mlin32
Standard procedure is that AF will notify affected passengers 24h before their flight. All but certain that a commercial gesture would be provided for all passengers (modify flight to another date at no charge).

At the moment, no deal seems to have been reached yet. It's a rough time in Europe this fall/winter, strikes are frequent and not just in France, due to the exorbitant increase in living costs. Was lucky to have gotten my TGV trip to/from Paris last weekend, when only 1 of 3 TGV trains or even 1 of 4 trains were running on certain lignes.
This is a 12 day affair based on the window though.

Is the idea all operations would stop or does the strike mean they have smaller numbers of crews and thus need to cancel some flights?

Have a CDG-JFK flight I'm trying to figure out if I need to be booking an alternate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.