AF Equip Change...Biz Seat Question...YYZ-CDG

Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
AF Equip Change...Biz Seat Question...YYZ-CDG

Booked DL 8617 (codeshare AF) in biz YYZ - CDG 29 Dec @ 18:55...DL initially listed and still shows the aircraft as A350...with the new biz...AF now shows it as a 772...with the appropriate seat map. I know there's not a definitive answer but what's the likelihood of this switching back to an A350...and what would that do to our seat assignments- currently sitting side-by-side in row 5 (middle)...and what type of seat/screen should we expect, as I understand a couple different products? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
AF moves AF351 to a 772 from 5 Dec.
There is only one type of seats on 772 and it is good. I would say better, even if a bit older, than on A350.
If you had 5E&F, you should have been kept the same seats.
Check on the AF website.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
There is only one type of seats on 772 and it is good. I would say better, even if a bit older, than on A350.
Check on the AF website.
Many thanks for the reply!
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by brunos
Check on the AF website.
Just to add my opinion/experience, I agree with this - the 772 seats are better, if a bit older (so there may be more risk of mechanical problems, although I have yet to see one). I do transatlantic with AF at least 4x a year, more depending upon itineraries with DL codesharing, and like both the 350 and 772/773, with a slight preference for the latter as IFE seems better (only an impression). I wouldn't worry much over it.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
Just to add my opinion/experience, I agree with this - the 772 seats are better, if a bit older (so there may be more risk of mechanical problems, although I have yet to see one). I do transatlantic with AF at least 4x a year, more depending upon itineraries with DL codesharing, and like both the 350 and 772/773, with a slight preference for the latter as IFE seems better (only an impression). I wouldn't worry much over it.
Thanks for the additional insight! I was still fretting a bit and then confused...regarding the newer seats with doors. It's my understanding that the only planes with suites which have doors are the 773s, correct?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AASavage
It's my understanding that the only planes with suites which have doors are the 773s, correct?
Yes, but there’s only one equipped so far and not even back to service yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.