Wiki Posts
Search

Heads up connecting DL/AF JFK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Heads up connecting DL/AF JFK

Please be advised when connecting from DL to an AF flight at JFK and vv, starting 26 September, there will be no AirTrain service for 8 weeks due to the rebuilding of T1 and T2. All pax will need to take a shuttle bus to/from Terminal 1 to Terminal 8, and onward via AirTrain to/from T4. Allow extra time on connecting flights. Not going to be pretty but please don't shoot the messenger....just a PSA for everyone.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks Fluhalp for the info. It’s going to be messy indeed…
what do you mean by « rebuilding T1 » ?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Terminal 1 and 2 and part of the land where T3 used to stand will become Terminal One.

https://www.anewjfk.com/m-w-lbe-sdvo...roundbreaking/
miles4CDG, Goldorak and olivedel like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
But if you are landing at T1 with AF and departing T2 onward with DL, you can still walk no?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: SQ - Gold; HHonors - Silver
Originally Posted by kahuna613
But if you are landing at T1 with AF and departing T2 onward with DL, you can still walk no?
I was thinking the same thing - if you're hand baggage only and flying in on DL, then could you take the jitney from T4 to T2 and then walk to T1? And vice versa, if you're arriving on AF and flying DL out of T4, would you be better off walking to T2 and checking in there and taking the jitney to T4? It all seems faster than the AirTrain to shuttle bus connection.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by global_b
I was thinking the same thing - if you're hand baggage only and flying in on DL, then could you take the jitney from T4 to T2 and then walk to T1? And vice versa, if you're arriving on AF and flying DL out of T4, would you be better off walking to T2 and checking in there and taking the jitney to T4? It all seems faster than the AirTrain to shuttle bus connection.
If you can do the walk with your luggage (shouldn't be too bad since it is super close) then that is a much better plan.

Delta allows you to check in (and check in luggage) at T2 or T4, regardless of where your flight departs. As you suggest, you can check in and then take the Jitney.
global_b and adambrau like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Yes true at the moment you can walk to from T1 to T2. And then take an airside shuttle to T4.

From what I understand, T2 will be the first structure torn down as the new Terminal One is constructed. Not sure when that is due to happen.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm not familiar with JFK; Do I understand correctly that the Jitney is an airside transfer bus? Is there no further security control between Terminal 2 (Domestic) and Terminal 4 (International)?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm not familiar with JFK; Do I understand correctly that the Jitney is an airside transfer bus? Is there no further security control between Terminal 2 (Domestic) and Terminal 4 (International)?
There is a jitney between T2 and T4 that is airside, so you won't need to clear security again. There are signs that lead to it and it comes every 15 minutes.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Yep -- also note that Domestic & International flights can leave from either T2 & T4...have to monitor the flightboards. Arriving int'l flights can only come in to T4
Xandrios likes this.

Last edited by FlyAO2; Oct 23, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Yep -- also note that Domestic & International flights can leave from either T2 & T4...have to monitor the flightboards. Arriving flights can only come in to T4
I think this should state that "Arriving international flights can only come into T4."
Old Oct 23, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I think this should state that "Arriving international flights can only come into T4."
correct -- error fixed
Old May 15, 2023, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
it seems that AirTrain suspension in T1 & T2 stations will be extended for another 8 months
https://www.jfkairport.com/announcem...ion12-closures

When clicking on the link, please note that the text in foreign (non-English) languages have more info than the English text
Old May 16, 2023, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
When clicking on the link, please note that the text in foreign (non-English) languages have more info than the English text
Ironically, there's (different) information missing in both the English and non-English texts:
  • The English text mentions that between 09:00-23:00, there will be an additional shuttle between T1 and T4. This isn't mentioned in any of the non-English texts (that I can read)
  • The non-English texts mention that the closure will last about 8 months, whereas the English text doesn't mention any closure dates. (There's also more information about customer service available as well.)
Old May 20, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
it seems that AirTrain suspension in T1 & T2 stations will be extended for another 8 months
https://www.jfkairport.com/announcem...ion12-closures

T2 is now permanently closed. No station exists anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.