Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR > NCE > ORY with 45 min in NCE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
In fairness, rarely so in the period AF are competing with them (July-August) where prices can sky rocket most days in both Y and C even when looking for tickets 2-3 months ahead!
Indeed. We had to book a flight to the South of France for August relatively late (i.e. early-ish July) and BA flights eye-wateringly expensive in economy (let alone CE) to either MRS or NCE (even from LGW) and the AF LHR-NCE was the only reasonably priced one then (gone up a lot since then too).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Indeed. We had to book a flight to the South of France for August relatively late (i.e. early-ish July) and BA flights eye-wateringly expensive in economy (let alone CE) to either MRS or NCE (even from LGW) and the AF LHR-NCE was the only reasonably priced one then (gone up a lot since then too).
Yep, exactly my experience - AF was the only reasonable option some days, others AF is outrageously priced too (good for them, not for me) so I had to rely on U2, which can also reach crazy fares (well over €300 one way) on many flights between London and Nice in that period. There have also been days with literally not a seat free on any airline between London and Nice, despite BA flying around 12 flights most days, U2 up to 7, and AF the one.

Now BA have just removed all inventory till 8 August so I suspect that whatever is left on AF and U2 flights will fill up within hours for the next week.
brunos likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It appears to have availability on the following dates in August:
Wednesday 3
Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 (inclusive)
Sunday 14 to Friday 19 (inclusive)
Sunday 21 to Sunday 28 (inclusive)
Or put it the other way round, as the flight is actually running everyday: it is already sold out till 8/8, from 11 to 13/8, and on 20/8! To be honest I'm actually surprised there is still availability during the British August Bank Holiday weekend and I suspect that it won't be the case very long! Looks like a pretty successful route launch to me!!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Platinium, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
ah I asked elsewhere but since you did the flight, thierryd92, can I ask my silly question of whether you got a sandwich or just a biscuit? Thanks in advance!!

ps: the day of this being offered as a connection may be numbered because the lhr-nce now looks fully booked on many dates!!
Not a so bad service for a full economy flight (see picture below).

I just write a flight report (in french) here: LHR-NCE flight report in french

orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by thierryd92; Aug 4, 2022 at 2:38 am
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Or put it the other way round, as the flight is actually running everyday: it is already sold out till 8/8, from 11 to 13/8, and on 20/8! To be honest I'm actually surprised there is still availability during the British August Bank Holiday weekend and I suspect that it won't be the case very long! Looks like a pretty successful route launch to me!!
If it is that successful, why don't they sell J? I am sure it could be popular with British tourists.

Originally Posted by thierryd92
Not a so bad service for a full economy flight (see picture below).

I just write a flight report (in french) here: LHR-NCE flight report in french

And of course they have to put these horrible seats...
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by olivedel
If it is that successful, why don't they sell J? I am sure it could be popular with British tourists.
I may be wrong, but didn't they scrap business class on all flights from the provinces?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:39 am

I may be wrong, but didn't they scrap business class on all flights from the provinces?
I believe they have. On most there would be no market for it. On LHR-NCE olivedel is right that there would be but I believe the reason they don't offer it is partly that it is hard to make one route different from all others, and in other part because if I'm not mistaken, that with current union agreements, that would require one extra crew member and obviously, that's not possible on an aircraft that makes a lot of rotations to other places in one day.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I believe they have. On most there would be no market for it. On LHR-NCE olivedel is right that there would be but I believe the reason they don't offer it is partly that it is hard to make one route different from all others, and in other part because if I'm not mistaken, that with current union agreements, that would require one extra crew member and obviously, that's not possible on an aircraft that makes a lot of rotations to other places in one day.
The unions, the unions, always there to save management's mediocrity.
But either than this, I do not see any valid reason. Catering is available in both Nice and London Heathrow.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
J still exists to/from CDG. J has been scrapped on ORY-Province and Province-Province routes.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
Same opinion. J would sell well on such a route.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Update: I did fly the LHR - NCE - ORY yesterday. Or rather, the LHR - NCE yesterday, and the NCE - ORY leg this morning.

Our LHR - NCE leg had a 1 hour 30 min delay, so obviously the onward connecting flight had already left before we touched the ground. Despite the delay, it was a very pleasant flight. Cabin manager came by to personally thank us for flying with them, we had a bit of a chit-chat and he even showed me how his iPad with the PAX info works.

Because our connecting flight to ORY was the last one for the day, our group of 10 got lodged at the Novotel Arénas (as usual with Novotel/Mercure/Ibis, room doesn't look half as good as the photos in real life). No dining open at night so we headed down to the city center to grab a pizza. Great breakfast at the hotel before departure.

Got rebooked on the 8:40AM flight to ORY. Row 37 with the lavatories as our neighbors. Good thing ORY provided stairs for us to deplane from the back.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by cdg_dxb
Update: I did fly the LHR - NCE - ORY yesterday. Or rather, the LHR - NCE yesterday, and the NCE - ORY leg this morning.

Our LHR - NCE leg had a 1 hour 30 min delay, so obviously the onward connecting flight had already left before we touched the ground. Despite the delay, it was a very pleasant flight. Cabin manager came by to personally thank us for flying with them, we had a bit of a chit-chat and he even showed me how his iPad with the PAX info works.

Because our connecting flight to ORY was the last one for the day, our group of 10 got lodged at the Novotel Arénas (as usual with Novotel/Mercure/Ibis, room doesn't look half as good as the photos in real life). No dining open at night so we headed down to the city center to grab a pizza. Great breakfast at the hotel before departure.

Got rebooked on the 8:40AM flight to ORY. Row 37 with the lavatories as our neighbors. Good thing ORY provided stairs for us to deplane from the back.
Sorry to hear about your delay. It seems to be what we should all expect with any route and airline this summer, but it is still annoying. Arguably, if you are going to be stuck somewhere overnight, NCE is not a bad place, if only because indeed, with the tramway, you are 20 minutes away nonstop to great food, a bit of beach time or pretty much anything else you may want, so well done to you on making it to the centre for your dinner rather than staying around boring Arenas.

As I mentioned in the other thread, when AF makes the route year round from October, the timings change and the flight will leave LHR in early morning so risk of overnighting when connecting will be low. In addition to nonstop London-Nice traffic, I expect that the route will prove useful to people on a number of connecting itineraries such as those wanting to go to Corsica, which is typically better deserved from NCE than from Paris.
Goldorak and cdg_dxb like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.