Is CDG-BSL with AF considered domestic?

Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Is CDG-BSL with AF considered domestic?

Is CDG-BSL considered a domestic flight? I'm planning an XP run and found a pretty good routing that also times well with my business trip later this year with AF, while it's slightly more expensive with KLM. On wikipedia, it says that flights with the destination to BSL make it the Swiss code, but the airport is in France, being closer to Saint-Louis than Basel.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by physicsdude
Is CDG-BSL considered a domestic flight? I'm planning an XP run and found a pretty good routing that also times well with my business trip later this year with AF, while it's slightly more expensive with KLM. On wikipedia, it says that flights with the destination to BSL make it the Swiss code, but the airport is in France, being closer to Saint-Louis than Basel.
no, it is considered international so 15xp (in J).
it has been discussed in the mileage run thread where you can find many opportunities.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by physicsdude
It's International for XP accrual, but domestic for service.
Thus, in C class, you will get 15XP, but no meal - just drinks (including wine/champagne) and snacks (nuts and chocolate).
orbitmic and physicsdude like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
There was that very period when flights were sold as cdg-bsl and pry-mlh whilst going to the same airport! I think the ory flights have stopped now.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andy82
It's International for XP accrual, but domestic for service.
Thus, in C class, you will get 15XP, but no meal - just drinks (including wine/champagne) and snacks (nuts and chocolate).
Appreciate this. Doesn't really matter for me at least because at least Euro J provides snacks on short hops, unlike US "First class."
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadavid
no, it is considered international so 15xp (in J).
it has been discussed in the mileage run thread where you can find many opportunities.
I looked there and couldn't find anything about this. Also, re-read my original post and you'll see that this is already a decent mileage run that fits my schedule.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.