Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France - Payment problem but booking ref issued

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Air France - Payment problem but booking ref issued

I booked three return tickets EDI – CDG - LAX – PDX , the website ‘took’ payment and issued a booking reference with a note to contact Air France to complete payment.

When I checked with Air France they said that no payment was showing up on their system and that they cannot accept payment over the phone. I contact my bank and they confirmed that a payment to Air France was authorised but is still pending. When I explained the situation to my bank they said that there must have been a glitch with Air France’s website and that I should get them to confirm that no payment is pending on their side before rebooking as I might get charged twice.

I looked at the booking and no tickets have been issued and there is no note to indicate that payment is pending. Before I got back to Air France, can they use the same booking reference and take payment again but this time using a different card. Or will I have to cancel the booking and rebook because the tickets have not been issued.

Grateful for some advice.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HMFC1874
I contact my bank and they confirmed that a payment to Air France was authorised but is still pending..
wait until it will get cleared between AF bank and your bank , then you will know what will be outcome and if needed you can either contact the AF sales or go to a sales office/agent in your city

Was it booked directly from AF or some 3rd party ? Was it booked with a credit card or a debit card ?

Originally Posted by HMFC1874
IBefore I got back to Air France, can they use the same booking reference and take payment again but this time using a different card. Or will I have to cancel the booking and rebook because the tickets have not been issued.
i would recommend to follow this thread , cause someone else just asked similar questions few days ago = Ticket issued but no charge on cc
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply and I will check out the thread.

I did the booking on Air France's website and I used my credit card. Air France have confirmed that no tickets have been issued and that the card was declined. I find it a bit odd, that they issue a booking reference but according to them the payment was declined, when I authorised the payment through my bank's mobile app. My account even shows the amount pending. I can only guess that while I was authorising the payment something odd happened to booking and Air France can't explain what happened. Meanwhile I am in limbo until VISA cancel the amount pending or Air France except the payment from VISA because I don't want to rebook and get charged twice.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others
Hello,
had same problem 3 weeks ago for a booking via Airfrance.fr. Once CC details filled in and I accepted. We have in FR to open the banks app on the phone to confirm the transaction which I did, and it said ' authentication confirmed', put a green mark on the website and went on the reservation details page where there was the PNR, passenger’s names etc. But I found it strange that no ticket number was shown and also no total amount as usual and the fare rules were greyed out. I called my bank as I thought I have a CC problem but they said that no transaction was done only the identification! I learned something new.
I then called AF and they explained that the "booking" has been made but the payment didn't go thru. So I gave her over the phone my CC details, they send a link directly why on the phone with them which opens the dialing pad on the phone and you have to type your CC again and immediately my booking details referring to amount, rules and ticket number appeared.
By the way, if you do a dummy booking on AF until the payment page, it automatically gives you a booking on hold for 24h which you only find if you are connected with you FF number under "my reservation".
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will contact Air France again and see if they can do what Source05 has described.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by source05
By the way, if you do a dummy booking on AF until the payment page, it automatically gives you a booking on hold for 24h which you only find if you are connected with you FF number under "my reservation".
it also shows at the very bottom of said page, saying something like "if you have issues, call us and give this reference", even when not logged in.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. After waiting 7 working days no tickets have been issued and the amount is still pending. Air France have said to contact the bank and the bank have said contact Air France so rather than be mucked about, I have cancelled the booking and start the process to dispute the amount pending. Meanwhile I have got alternative flights with American Airlines.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Check the other thread: payment was taken from the credit card exactly 1 calendar month after purchase

Ticket issued but no charge on cc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.