Wiki Posts
Search

Booking with points using 2 different accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Booking with points using 2 different accounts

Booking a points trip JFK/CDG/ATH for 4 people and while I have enough points for 3, my wife has enough for at least 1 person. Rather than having to wait for who knows how long on hold, am I better off booking all of those seats now and staying on hold to merge everything into one reservation or am I better of waiting on hold to talk to someone and do it at the beginning of the process?

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Daremo999
Booking a points trip JFK/CDG/ATH for 4 people and while I have enough points for 3, my wife has enough for at least 1 person. Rather than having to wait for who knows how long on hold, am I better off booking all of those seats now and staying on hold to merge everything into one reservation or am I better of waiting on hold to talk to someone and do it at the beginning of the process?

Thanks!
You cannot "merge" separate bookings after the fact. (At best, an agent might put a note in one or both reservations, but this does not link them, and in no way changes their status as separate, individual and unrelated bookings. Any such note may never be seen by anyone)

If you want to have all 4 tickets on the same reservation/PNR, then just create a Flying Blue family account, pool the miles in the family head's account, and book all 4 people in one go from the family head's account.

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/landing.../family-youngs
https://www.airfranceklm.com/en/news...family-service
orbitmic and olivedel like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Thank you! I had not explored the family option which I should have! Setting it up now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.