Systems down: Missing baggage claim

Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Where exactly are these famous “strong” consumer protection laws that Europe loves to talk about? Is AF immune from them?
Not just AF, I opened a claim with OS on July 3 (compensation, flight was cancelled last minute) and so far I've received two automated messages that they are "experiencing processing times longer than normal". Not even a boilerplate rejection yet.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:22 pm

Hi all, is it safer now to check in bags? I’m on a flight from WAW - CDG tomorrow for a 2 week trip and am finding it quite hard to get everything into the check in bags. I’m thinking of putting the non essentials into a check in luggage.
Chopin Airport has been quite decent so far…. Not sure about CDG.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
ADP's CEO, Augustin de Romanet, on BFM-TV today: he says there was only one "glitch" at CDG and ORY this summer, and that was the "misplaced" baggage fiasco at CDG on July 1. Apparently there are still 1000 pieces of luggage sitting at CDG that have not been returned to their owners. Why? Mr de Romanet explains that the bags no longer have any tags on them, so "it's almost like doing the work of an archaeologist to figure out who they belong to" .... 🤔🙄 He also kindly points out that this archaeology expedition is now not the responsibility of ADP (though they were at the root of the problem on July 1), but rather the responsibility of the different carriers. Again, for Mr de Romanet, this was the only snafu of air travel this summer at CDG and ORY ... must be seen to be believed!

A good time to remind people to always place name, phone number, FF number, etc. inside your suitcase as well, you never know. An AirTag is great for you, but may only be of limited help in cases as messy as this one.

Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
ADP's CEO, Augustin de Romanet, on BFM-TV today: he says there was only one "glitch" at CDG and ORY this summer, and that was the "misplaced" baggage fiasco at CDG on July 1. Apparently there are still 1000 pieces of luggage sitting at CDG that have not been returned to their owners. Why? Mr de Romanet explains that the bags no longer have any tags on them, so "it's almost like doing the work of an archaeologist to figure out who they belong to" .... 🤔🙄 He also kindly points out that this archaeology expedition is now not the responsibility of ADP (though they were at the root of the problem on July 1), but rather the responsibility of the different carriers. Again, for Mr de Romanet, this was the only snafu of air travel this summer at CDG and ORY ... must be seen to be believed!

A good time to remind people to always place name, phone number, FF number, etc. inside your suitcase as well, you never know. An AirTag is great for you, but may only be of limited help in cases as messy as this one.

https://twitter.com/bfmbusiness/stat...96868092071937

How do they know which carrier to hand the bags off to if they are supposedly missing all tags?!

What a bunch of liars, all of them.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
My bag is still missing from a CDG connection on 1st July, so I've now sent a claim for the contents.

Does anyone know if there still is a pile of bags from that [strike] day in CDG?
Hey any update? Did they accept the claim or are they going to make you wait the full 100 days til it leaves WorldTracer?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mat1
Hey any update? Did they accept the claim or are they going to make you wait the full 100 days til it leaves WorldTracer?
Air France offered €600 or to send the receipts if the value of the baggage were more than that. We sent the receipts and a few days later received a little over €1600. Two days after that we got €300 EU261 compensation as well.

Since then we asked at the luggage claim at our local airport, and the employee spent 20 minutes tryin to work out what happened to the bag. It seemed there were some strange things with the records (something like multiple recipients recorded for one bag???) and perhaps the bag was sent to either Luxembourg, Austria or Poland on 8th July. He sent some emails to the airports where the bag could be - we still hope to get it back (and would happily return the €1600).

I've now invested in AirTags and decent baggage insurance.
blairvanhorn and Mat1 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Finally the 1st bag was delivered out of the blue today! I guess it's been sat at CDG for a month assuming Bologna were correct when they said they forwarded back on 7 Aug.

Meanwhile it looks like it's been guarded by a herd of elephants that like to play foot-bag. 2 corners with wheels completely missing, the 3rd wheel just a post left, and somehow the 4th wheel survived. There were also two straps around it, both missing. Case closed here pending any good will gesture for the bag. That's now the 2nd destroyed bag from my last 3 trips with AF, not a good record...
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:25 am

Just bumping this because I’m in Paris now and wondering if the baggage situation is back to normal. Debating whether to check a bag on my flight from Orly to JFK in a few days but I’m paranoid it’ll get lost.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: FB Gold
The bagages catastrophe was limited to the weekend (think it was July) when the ADP workers went on strike, and mostly only at Roissy.
nycnyc likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
We checked bags through when we connected through CDG earlier this month (IAD - CDG—MXP), and had no problems. Bags also arrived just fine when we flew back from Italy to CDG, and then again a few days later CDG-IAD. I saw no evidence of any unusual problems at baggage claim.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Air France offered €600 or to send the receipts if the value of the baggage were more than that. We sent the receipts and a few days later received a little over €1600. Two days after that we got €300 EU261 compensation as well.

Since then we asked at the luggage claim at our local airport, and the employee spent 20 minutes tryin to work out what happened to the bag. It seemed there were some strange things with the records (something like multiple recipients recorded for one bag???) and perhaps the bag was sent to either Luxembourg, Austria or Poland on 8th July. He sent some emails to the airports where the bag could be - we still hope to get it back (and would happily return the €1600).

I've now invested in AirTags and decent baggage insurance.
After 100 days the bag has now been found and delivered!
KL803 and Solevita like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:45 pm

Finally received a email back from AF regarding my lost baggage with AF asking for more information. In the email they ask me to directly reply to the email to send them the requested document. I did that a week ago and apparently they did not receive it because today I got another email from AF reminding me of their request. My email provider provides a reply-to email: [email protected] but that's different than the original email address [email protected]

Can someone confirm at least one of the two emails is the correct email?

[email protected]
[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.